Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1 - Clash

I like the small details they put in the map outlining how the political process of requesting for military forces works in the Holy Kingdom.
Makes for good worldbuilding.

Wait, aren't the trees supposed to just be experiments? Are they going to feel the elves with their fruit (That's apparently like human flesh)?

E: NVM, apparently they can eat flesh fruits fine now because of the cursed lands.

Dex-chan lover
even when it tasts like human flesh it is just a fruit

i mean vegans imitate meat also with plants

Dex-chan lover
@Rukja Ira should have just said the tree produces meat. There was no need to say it's specially human meat.

@Rukja Shallow thinking. By knowing and eating a fruit that tastes like human meat, you are introducing the culture of eating human flesh. What does that exactly mean you ask? In extreme situations e.g. starvation, the idea of hunting down humans for meat will be an acceptable notion.

For those of you entertaining such ideas, if in the far off future lab-grown human meat becomes available, i want you to put 2 more braincells of thought into it before you go eating it.

Dex-chan lover
@hunter23 at the same time, the difference between human meat and, say, monkey meat is, chemically speaking, somewhere between insignificant to nonexistent
so, in terms of ethics, it may bring some awkward problems, but if you're a hardcore materialist who doesn't care about any labels the material has attached [this can be very scary at times, mind you, but it's also a pragmatic approach] then it's just a slightly unique meat.

if you really wanna be super 'human rights human rights' though, what you should do is 1: make humans not worth hunting (extreme national power as disincentive)
and then 2: remove the necessity of them hunting you (if you have leeway, just isolate them, otherwise, you may have to kill them/face getting murderenated yourself)

finally, flesh tree does in fact just make fruit; its fruit is just chemically/biologically eerily similar to human meat; while humans have a somewhat heavier connotation, this argument doesn't deviate incredibly from the argument against eating dogs. Most people don't see dogs as human, but that hasn't stopped some from complaining that 'man's best friend' is getting eaten due to desperation. if you reverse the process, then in sufficiently desperate times, there is absolutely no guarantee that humans won't start hunting other humans for meat; after all, there's a long fuckin' history of one group of humans viewing another group as subhuman XD

In this kind of trolley-like problem, there's not much righteousness to talk about, but rather just, what do you value? Who do you value, and how much?

Dex-chan lover
Fallen paladin as the new hero?

@Goldenzeal
I don't think we should take "evil" and "good" literally in this case: rather than a moral indication, it is more representative of their affiliation. You could think of them as like "darkness" or "light": people of a particular faction get a buff when inside territories controlled by their faction, while enemies receive attrition damage.
It is possible that civilizations of the "good" faction abide to values that are usally believed to be good, while civilizations in the "evil" faction don't, but that doesn't mean that you can't have assholes in the "good" faction, or altruistic and compassionate people in the "evil" faction.

Dex-chan lover
mist are forming.. flesh tree is becoming more cute :>

I mean.. they're elves, an entirely different race species to humans- now I wonder is the species far enough for it to be considered as safe as eating cattle?

As far as I know, this wouldn't be considered cannibalism? hmmm.. the line of fiction didn't really make any sort of clarification on that matter since long before, so we'll just presume it's alright.

Dex-chan lover
So they got a taste for flesh fruits now and some humans are coming... extra food supplies?

Users who are viewing this thread