Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Ch. 102 - The Second One

Group Leader
FG_5267UcAEIsy0.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I'd be curious about that ring, too. And the grease wand will be used for shenanigans.

Not familiar with a Canyon Crawler. Carrion Crawler, on the other hand. And they do have a paralysing poison.

Pretty much all animals are neutral. If they aren't, they're probably sentient. And if they aren't either, they're probably not natural.

It's actually quite hard to throw something lying down.

Lol, the replacement character. Actually playing a board game.

So, did Riverna fail a fear roll he randomly threw in or something?

Now that I think about it, if you went to explore a hostile dungeon, you might want to wear decent, sturdy boots in any case, not any flimsy ones made of cloth of no substance.
If you go by normal logic, yes, you absolutely want a minimum level of protection. Your feet in particular are important, since you can't travel well if those get hurt.

In D&D, protection is just damage avoidance, not damage resist or absorption. Meaning anything that does a good enough of a to-hit roll will do full damage (barring other resists). And footwear isn't generally protective at all.

I just realized that I've read a hundred chapters... didn't feel like this series has been going for that long.

I'm just fine with them using a mini-D&D game as practice when they're just about to storm an enemy held stronghold.
Really does feel like it's not been that long. And the game is completely on-brand.

Dex-chan lover
I think there isn't too much purpose for the story, the author just wanted to make that "you meet a new character, that is suspisciously similar to the one who died" joke.
Can be a tribute to Viva La Dirt D&D series, there is literal character that always died then replaced by their brother XD

Dex-chan lover
What the Fuck?!!! If someone tells me they have actually done this in Tabletop I am going to be pissed!

Fed-Kun's army
I believe it is because this is based on D&D, so it is supposed to be a joke and tribute to the source by having them literally play a TTRPG as a plan for the dungeon. And honestly, as a D&D player, I laughed at it and appreciated it. So for the niche audience this seems to have been written for, they probably enjoyed this, but this probably also is not going to be received as well by the broader fantasy audience.
I like both D&D and Pathfinder so I get the joke but, honestly, considering how short and sparse the chapter of this serie are, I'd much prefer if the author wouldn't waste time with these "it was all a dream" fake-out chapters... This narrative ark begun two months ago and it still hasn't moved one iota.

Dex-chan lover
I'm reminded of a video game where you can use psychic foresight to avoid death and by that I mean when you do die you go back to when you used the precognition and get to claim that death never actually happened, it was just your prediction

Users who are viewing this thread