Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The World Book and Holy Knight

I get that copying DnD blatantly is fine but he can't have only 1HP with 5 con... The minimum HP you can have in standard DnD is 3 (8 minus 5 for one con). Put a curse on him or something..

A level 1 Wizard with no Magic Missile? For shame, author!

@blackbunii
*Puts on pointy DM hat*
Are the TL & QCer familiar with standard Dungeons and Dragons spell names?
Level 0 spells might be Detect Poison, Light and Read Magic.
Level 1 spells would be Magic Missile, Detect Magic (Which is actually a Level 0 spell, but it's possible to assign a lower level spell to a higher spell slot), and Sleep.

Here's a good D&D spell list, for reference: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
This is really the sort of thing I was thinking should be natural among these circles.
Have a bunch of guys play D&D, make a few notes of what happened, who said what, and how -- and then try to make a story out of it. That's essentially how Fate/Stay Night was made.
That being said, it is really weak on side of the author that he literally used D&D rules. Armor class, for an instance, is a bogus stat that hardly makes any sense. So is HP.
P.S: Also, if we think about it as "they played a game and made a story out of it", they are horse-shit level players for saving the PC like that with a deus-ex-machina. A wizard-PC walks off on his own in a forest, ignorant to everything, and gets trampled by goblins. In a normal game, that PC should be dead, or robbed naked. Not be magically saved by a strong NPC.

@boogle
Only current-HP was written, which can be 1/10, 1/5, etc. Go figure.

Dex-chan lover
@boogle I'm kind of confused about your math... Wizards have a 1d4 in 3.5 for hit dice, and a 1d6 in 5e for hit dice. A 5 represents a -3 modifier to the stat. A wizard in 3.5e would start off with 1 health, or 3 in 5e. I'm not sure exactly where you are getting a minimum of 5.

Edit: So really, if he was stuck in 3.5e, he would have friggin' died immediately. Considering when this manga was made, it is likely cribbing on 5e.

Dex-chan lover
@solipsist since you play d&d in a group, would it not make sense if rather than deus ex machina, this is the player-introduction? There is no reason to let ppl die before they even started, so the DM could just be coming up with cool ways to introduce characters that align with their backstories and traits. Like a righteous paladin, how else to introduce it other than to let it arrive in a time of need to protect the weakest char in a pinch?

That said, I doubt this is a real game being written as a story. Sounds more like a story inspired by D&D to me.

Also, the entire title and synopsis clearly says his HP is 1, as in, the max. Or at least that he will never ever raise it above that and remain bloodied 1hp forever, if it isnt the max.

Double-page supporter
Why does speed use feet? I thought japan use metric system. Does the scanlator convert it or is it feet in the raw?

Thank you for the chapter! Also seems very DnD like. Can't say I've read any isekai like this yet.

Group Leader
@Paltiel
We actually haven't played it so we can only try our best to translate it 😂 Thanks for the correction! I fixed it 😛

Fed-Kun's army
If it was Dungeons & Dragons or manga forbid; Pathfinder... That kid would be dead when he fell over if he had our Game Master.

Dex-chan lover
Quick! Open the page with the guide on how to bed her!

Dex-chan lover
So does this mean he’ll become godlike if he reaches level 20?

Shit, all this D&D talk is making me excited for Baldur’s Gate III.

Users who are viewing this thread