Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - Vol. 5 Ch. 80 - Martial Art Tournament - Knight Division, Third Round (Semi-finals) and the Finals (1)

Fed-Kun's army
zabuton's supposed to be a mythical spider demon that grow huge then shrink in size as her power grow further, right?
but her children (makura included) is small since the beginning
did they immediately start as the same class as current zabuton, or are they just haven't grown big yet in the first place?

Dex-chan lover
@TrueWarriorJak it gets worse, Mama Spider was the strongest thing in that forest, the monster all airborne creatures fear, and that was before it evolved, back when she was the sizes of a country or something.

Dex-chan lover
@lolmaolol why? Because the spiders in that forest make webs strong enough to bring down dragons, Zabuton was even able to pull one out of the way of the Village Chief's thrown spear.

Dex-chan lover
Haha, honestly, that's the only good way this whole thing could have ended. Perfect.

Dex-chan lover
@Zael

Speed. Like the previous angels, she was trying to get away from Makura to gain distance to use magic.
Makura was quicker and stopped her when she was trying to move and then when she was stunned, just webbed her up.

@lolmaolol
Why are the spiders so strong anyway?
Read Arachnid and Kumo desu ga. If spiders were the size of a big dog and had human or near human intellect, they could have become apex predators.

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid add to that the mother is something of a calamity grade monster that even the demon king fears so the kids are probably some kind of unholy terror.

I need a race to come and accidentally send an attack that goes towards one of his kids. Youll see the moms get upset but then the MC will be REAL upset. I like too see different attitudes from MCs, instead of happy-go-lucky attitude 24/7.

Fed-Kun's army
@Rugid I've read Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka. Bringing up another manga isn't a counterargument to my statements. For one, spiders in every single manga that exist aren't the same. In kumo, she's actually shown progression and the story explains her abilities and why she can do the things she can. In this manga, the only thing the spiders have been shown to do is produce web. It's not even remotely similar. As I said in my previous comment, you could replace the spiders in this manga with stick figures, state that they're overpowered, and you would accomplish the same thing. Nothing you bring up is a counterargument to me saying that nothing gets explained in this manga. Because it doesn't. The spiders are strong because plot.
@CountryMage Me: Nothing gets explained in this manga. You: They're strong because they can do this and that. Nice explanation as if I haven't read the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Now that was unexpected... I really though Tia would win with brute force if anything...

Dex-chan lover
@lolmaolol so you're saying you don't accept it even when you see it, if it doesn't come with a massive exposition dump? Doesn't matter the spider is hundreds of years old, has fought dragons, and is an old friend of Dors' wife, you have to see a genealogy, a training montage, and a recitation of facts?

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid Exactly. Never allow them to become too big or you can bet we're next on their menu. Thank cold winters for wiping them all out. And low oxygen levels.

Fed-Kun's army
@CountryMage You're missing the point. The thing I've said over and over again is: "nothing gets explained in this manga". You're comparing a "massive exposition dump" to the current state of absolutely nothing being explained. I'm not asking for massive exposition. I'm stating that there's absolutely NO exposition. Just statements and character relations. That's it. When you simply state that a character is strong because of character relations and statements, and give no actual reasoning to it, and the only thing that character is shown to do is one skill, that's what you call poor writing.

Dex-chan lover
As many mangaka have noted - fighting tournaments drag out like heck. Welp, hopefully on to some wholesome townbuilding again.

Users who are viewing this thread