Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.1

Dex-chan lover
@moonberserker dont worry im not trying to excuse the sniper i was just wondering about that whole permission thing, my main issue is the flex on the readers, i know it sucks to be sniped and all the work that goes into translating and how it feels horrible BUT
the readers are not guilty of anything, sure some of them are assholes that go ''haha u got sniped!'' but most of us are just waiting quietly, so that flex page feels like an ass move.

Dex-chan lover
@flimkrimbly There's no rule against sniping. Just turf wars between scanlators because each manga title they pee on and claim as their own is a donation money tree.

@moonberserker While I do understand the feeling, does your team(of course it doesn't include you in this situation) really need to escalate it into another scanlator drama? Why not just simply drop it? At the very least it gets the message across better. The credit page really feels immature imo. As for the "sniped" chapter itself, aside from minor typos and grammatical errors, it is quite impressive for a one-man scanlation. At the very least I wouldn't call it "shitty rush job."

Dex-chan lover
@LadyCherry fair enough, i could have sworn there was a rule about it since this is hardly the first sniping drama to pop up, but oh well. still think the group could have handled this situation a little better.

@CalamityCallout
This mini chapter doesn't seem to be connected with the main plot, so seeing it a bit early won't spoiler anything important. Released out-of-order as provocation, so Dead-chan could inform us that they were sniped.

@flimkrimbly
Sniping is not explicitly disallowed by the rules.

2.3.2 "Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws."

I guess to avoid having discussions on what even qualifies as "sniping" in the first place or whether it is a bad thing.
Still, it is a dick move by Big Penis if he didn't properly contact Striptease first.

Dex-chan lover
now im waiting for someone to yell : " APRIL FOOLS . YOU JUST GOT PUNKED . YOU JUST GOT PRANKED . "we are dropping this manga" is just a joke . "

Honestly looking at last page and that attitude of og translater i say good riddance especially after 20 days of no updates, i'm just happy someone else wanted to do translation

Dex-chan lover
zH2byRX.jpg

Im seriously gonna drop this just because of this face
I cant look at this shit this is worse than junji ito

Also sniped by who? This is your first chapter on this lmao

@Nichitou
This manga is monthly. 20 days is nothing, they put out 6 chapters in row during a 1.5 month before. What more do you want? They were close to catching up with raws that are on chapter 26.

And you are glad that the series would be at the mercy of random people making translations? Seriously? Not to mention with worse quality.
You don't even know the Kontoldude didn't just rely on the korean->english translation from 4chan. That one ends at chapter 22 so what do you think, do we have guaranteed translations after that?

Not to mention, this sniping ideas are the very definition of dumb drama stirring so what good do you expect if that was the root...

@flimkrimbly Its not a rule, just etiquette between scanlators. Theyre obviously working on the title but some people dont like to wait at all. Getting sniped sucks from the scanlator’s POV cuz they did so much work then someone comes in unannounced and does a rush job. Idk why these guys don’t just reach out to whoever’s working on it to help the first ones out. Imho im thinking they want clicks for their sites but idek.

All these problems stem from people who just don’t like to frickin wait and get their manga fix like entitled people, shit’s being done for free smfh. Go read other manga, theres tons on the site. I would get it if its been like a year for an update, but around 2-3 weeks from the last update for a monthly series? Kinda dumb.

Dex-chan lover
Your unreleased chapters are now affected by sniper drama virus. You're doing a service not releasing them or it will just spread further. BUT, better reformat your drives, no burn your PC, while you're at it. The virus might dig itself out and spread on it's own. That credit page is a symptom that it's already starting.

Don't worry, even if you have to drop this series, other brave scanlators that isn't affected by the drama virus will pick up the baton for the readers at the risk of also being affected by the virus if they don't release for too long.

Dex-chan lover
Wait they're mad they got sniped so they released a spoiler chapter to piss off...readers?
I don't get it

@Rockdrop this group at least doesn't ask for any money, we are all volunteers. that work on manga we enjoy and want to share with others.

@Hollow7F I think it's normal to lash out when someone gets angry. I'm sure once things calm down the team won't just drop it because of one snipe. Also, I don't think it would be right to set a precedent that if someone randomly decides to snipe one chapter they force the group to upload all the stuff they were planning to mass release before its complete.

@mangaTom yeah its not really a "shitty rush job", I was just projecting my feelings on the matter from a previous case.

Dex-chan lover
@moonberserker again im not saying its bad to lash out, if the lash out is dropping the manga then its fine, but going the extra mile and go ''haha get fucked guys now we arent uploading all of this! ahaha'' going that extra step is the dick move, and im sorry if it looked like my intention was for them to upload everything they had before dropping it, believe me its not, they shouldnt be forced to upload if they dont want to, no one is entitled to anyone else free work.

My main problem is the Flex on the innocent bystanders, i can understand lashing out by dropping the manga BUT going the extra mile and basically say ''fuck you guys'' is where i take an issue.

Fed-Kun's army
Uncle lookin' kawaii on that last page

Also quit bitching about sniping nobody gives a fuck

Wait so it's the original scanlators that are releasing this chapter to spoil for readers?

Way to take your frustrations out on bystanders. Bet you're the type to get in a fight because you were pissed off from work.

Group Leader
BRUH, look at these dudes
OH NONONONONONNONONONONONONONONO
*wheeze*

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
H
A
A
H
A
A
H
A
H
A
H
A

Look at these dudes. "mass releasing" my ass. You spent yourself making cringe credit pages and taking your sweet time making another group name just to toy with readers. Yeah no, even I could make PSD files to the 100th chapter and screenshot them if I want to.

I still appreciate these guys since they have better RAWs they got from das, but all these cringefest made me had to do this. You guys who don't read the raws don't know how much they modify the translations to fit thair headcanon, especially in the 13th chapter. Unlike you retards who spend forever to finish a page because you need to make the typesetting fancier than the raw, I could actually finish a chapter within a day. So let me tell this: If these guys don't release the 21st chapter within a week, then I'm gonna put mine on the 7th or 8th day, and without any cringe credit pages.

Users who are viewing this thread