Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.1

Such a bizarre reaction. Whatevs, this manga is popular so someone will pick it up before long.

If the translation team is so immature that that they would throw away dozens of hours of their own work because of getting sniped once, I say good riddance. Pretty sure this manga isn’t appropriate for children anyways.

Edit:
@GigaKONTROL hmmm not sure if this is the look you want bruv. good luck either way

Unbelievable, could’ve just post your own scanlations instead of that kind of credit page. There’s nothing wrong with some chapter having 2 or even 3 version like the 1st chapter of this manga. If your scan is better people will still read yours more. That being said, thanks for all the chapter up to now. It was great

Group Leader
Huh, what?
StuCh7u.gif

Honestly at this point, I think Mangadex needs some type of anti-snipe enforcement. I was all for freedom of scanlation but, after seeing the reality of sniping behavior and how it affects the ongoing progress of many series, I now think that it is a naive and unrealistic ideal.

It doesn't even need to be draconian. Just limit any new groups to being able to upload 5 chapters back from the current release, and must release chapters sequentially before being able to pass the most recent chapter. Just that much would prevent many of the opportunistic snipes and people who claim to "just want to practice translation lol". If they really want to put in the work to continue the series, working on an extra 5 chapters before the current one wouldn't be a big deal.

Dex-chan lover
They know there's a warning when chapters are skipped, right?

And christ if it's done then just snipe the sniper. Behold your epeen is larger than theirs again.

I'm not sure if this is the funny kind of irritation, or the irritating kind of funny. On one hand, who knows when someone will post Ojisan translations, which sucks. On the other hand, getting pissed about sniping is so fucking pathetic it's hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine having the chutzpah to tell people that are doing things for YOU to enjoy for FREE that they have to AT LEAST do x much before you think it's good enough for you.

Wow such bitching baby scanlators. Y'all get sniped by one chapter and now they all like "we ain't doing this series anymore". Grow up bitches. If you think you're so much better hurry and catch up with the raws. If that's how you act because you aren't #1 and the only one releasing this series just shows how much of a shit ego you guys have. We as a community don't need the arrogant asshole scanlators and are better off without you if this is your attitude being "sniped".

Well, since this snipping guy have nothing to do and checking the comments his entire life looking for the attention he seeking, lets see if he actually can continue this serie without getting bored of it after 1 or two upload, with inappropriate name and 4chan origin, i even starting to doubt if its his own translation, to all the people who defending the snipping, just a reminder about how many series already out there that gets dropped due snipping and the snippet dropping it as well since they cant do more than 1 chapter?

@Ooweeoo You don't need a complicated method like that to prevent situations like this. While sniping is definitely bad, the drama that comes with it is far worse. If only scanlators would act like adults then it wouldn't escalate to this. They could just ignore the sniper and continue releasing better quality chapters as usual(ofc granting that the sniper isn't the better one). If the sniper was just there for the quick attention grab then he would just die out in the process. If the scanlators were actually passionate and love what they're doing then something like this wouldn't be enough to budge them. No need for drama and rules.

Dex-chan lover
@Ooweeoo That will just undermine one of very rare benefits of the "snipe" call-out culture, which is moral-tripping big "for profit" groups from pulling the rug from below smaller "for fun" groups.

The irony that the same thing that was used by small groups against big groups are now mostly just being used by big groups against smaller groups.

Striptease acting like children. Also its ridiculous how someone with skills and time, "snipers", have to ask scanlating groups for permission to publish their own stuff, and not get those groups panties in a twist, unbelievable. Clear proof they are just interested in the money and don't give a shit about the community.

Double-page supporter
To the sniper pick that one it lack one chapter at least In Another World, I'm Called: the Black Healer

Dex-chan lover
Striptease this chapter basically: "We got sniped, so we'll skip chapters and spoil the manga to the readers with our group name and group banner image"

Dex-chan lover
well I guess they aren't releasing.

not like anyone will die if this never gets translated, has happened before with other series, and will keep happening. and it will happen more and more because is becoming less and less "by fans for fans"

Dex-chan lover
So you created a new group with a spoiler in its name to release a spoiler chapter and used said spoiler as your group background pic to make sure people, like me, who didn't read your spoiler chapter would get spoiled regardless?

A comment saying you dropped it would have been fine you know?

Pretty fucking childish Striptease...

Users who are viewing this thread