Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.1

"Sniping is BAD!!!!!!"
Can we stop with this asinine notion already? Scanlation is already a gray area, you're going to pull out a moral high ground now? People doing scanlations are doing this for clout, money, or for passion. And spoiler alert, 99% of the people you find doing it are doing it for the first two reasons.
"wHy aRen'T tHeY tRaNsLaTinG sOmEtHiNG elSE????"
Because they didn't want to? Why don't you do it? I've seen what amounted to a one-person team (like holy shit they did everything, redraws, translations, QC getting raws, typesetting, EVERYTHING) release 10 volumes of manga for, looking at the stats now, an average view number of 500-600 per chapter. And they did this over the time span of one month. ONE MONTH. That's fucking crazy!
"It's a fucking HACK JOB snipers do and they release SHIT"
So....? Ignore it...? People are willing to read a manga with different scanlations after reading the first one released. They're even willing to WAIT and read a different version of a scan. Niche groups of people will ALWAYS follow you if they think its worth it. An example being Kimetsu, when a group called Mangapillar started releasing scans after the series blew up thanks to the anime, they were usually the first ones to release scans over /a/nonymous. However, if you just look at the view numbers, despite Mangapillar being the first releases, /a/nonymous releases consistently got HIGHER numbers than them. Because people just preferred /a/. In fact the only time they have a higher view count was when /a/nonymous was the first to release chapter 178, and then Mangapillar released 179, but even then the /a/ release has almost as many views as the Mangapillar one! (77k to Pillar's 93k)
But of course, yOu GoTTa bE fIrST!!!! (for the clout/money) is stuck in the minds of most scan groups. If you're in it for the passion and you actually want to do it, you won't give a shit and do your own thing, even if only a small amount of people see it (see my second point). I have massive respect for people like them and none for every other scanlation group.

Hmm, well the last page is usually just a prank so it's probably still the case I guess?

Aggregator gang
@nyaasar
Thanks

Also, Elf does not die in 21-22nd chapters.
Some Korean anon on 4chan caught up to 22th chapter (which was the newest raw at the time) few months ago in only 2 days.
What I'm saying is; these scanlators are fucking lazy, let them go as they were obviously looking for a first chance to drop Ojisan.

Dex-chan lover
this really sounds like a you problem, cause im sure someone will pick this up

Didn't even read the other guy's release, but if you're going to drop it anyways due to assmad then I guess it's time to give the other guy a shot. Fucking drama queens.

Group Leader
inb4 they haven't even translated the chapters and are just using it as bait to try and get people to beg them to come back

Dex-chan lover
Always happy when mangadex spoiler system works, and saves me from accidentally reading when someone accidentally releases something ahead of where they actually are

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to the sniper we now have drama where there was none. These people do this just to be dicks and cause problems. Could have picked any other manga, but nah he went for a popular one with regular releases because he wanted to cause problems. Fu*king troll.

Imagine throwing a hissy fit and spoiling shit just because someone ruined your scheme of holding chapters hostage for "donations"

Fed-Kun's army
Kinda weirded out by the comments on this chapter, are people so entitled for a chapter? Let's be honest, it sucks when you put effort in doing something but someone wasted your efforts, should have seen this coming. People call them childish for showing their frustration and dropping it yet aren't mature enough to just accept the decision and see if kontol will continue the chapters. Just move on lmao, what's the big deal. At least we know its been dropped by this group and can stop waiting.

I don't see the point of not releasing. You already did the work and aren't doing anything to the people who sniped. It's a lose-lose for no reason. Snipers just get away with whatever they were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread