Isekai Ojisan

Contributor
@Me
Maybe you mean scanlations, because fan-translations, as you mean them, still exist in /a/ and other sites out there in the internet. Variable quality, though, just like with scanlations.

Ok I'm looking at the comments and I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. I had to go back and check I hadn't missed a chapter.

Dex-chan lover
now can't even read ch21 haiz
well tks @Dead-chan and Striptease for trans this series. Let's forget about the snipe and especially all those ungrateful Chump support fool

in the end, dumb pp are alway dumb, being played like a fool for someone amusing

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why this is marked as ecchi. To my knowledge I haven't seen any pantyshots, nudity, or anything too lewd.

thieves mad when "their property" got stolen eh? enough of this moral highground bullshitery.

Banned
I was pleasantly surprised.
Glasses everywhere, including one attractive meganekko (well, one real one at least).
Lots of gaming references I actually get because Sega.
Main character is exceedingly relatable (for me at least).
Savagely deconstructs the isekai genre.
Fuck-tons of wonderful schadenfreude.

9/10.

c1

An Isekai Ojisan collaboration has been announced for Chain Chronicle, one of Sega's biggest cash cow mobile games, for anyone who's interested in that kind of thing.

unknown.png

hello, if something could be confirmed, if my script for JP>KR>EN from 4chan was used for the scans, could at very least just be checked few times around from JP>EN source before posting

I don't know about whatever snipe wars going on here, but I really didn't want my TLs to be basis of scanslations since its a 3rd hand translation not directly from the source.

The 3rd hand TL was just done to catch up to source and just provide quick entertainment between long waits for /a/nons, not basis for actual scan group scripts

if it was indeed used, id rather have it removed, but if it wasn't, whatever.

Skythewood (ln translator) did translate few chapters and did JP>EN proofread on some of them

script: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/199007044

Chapter in question: 21

edit: its been removed now

Dex-chan lover
@Authn

Basically, at one point in order to talk to his nephew's friend about her feelings for him, Ojisan transforms into Elf-sama

That's really it, at least so far

I started reading this manga about 5 days ago and finished today.
Put two and two together I laughed my fucking ass off at the utter salt and pettiness of this exchange.
Though I remembered flags setting off as early as chapter 15. (It doesn't take Poirot to understand how this guy's mindset works going by that 'TN' page)
SASUGA OMOSHIROI Dead-o-chin-chin.
O metal toes GIGA-san

Supporter
Any news on the translators ? If no one is picking this i want us to pool money and get a group of for hire scanlators.

@LordZero, saw that the original group that did this series (the ones from Striptease that split off into their own group when Striptease splintered) said that they were going to wait for the situation to cool down a bit, maybe a couple weeks or so, and then release a batch of the chapters. Whether this is real or not, I dunno. I'd like to hope that it is, since I enjoyed the quality of their scanlations, but who knows.

As an extra note, I'd like to highlight the fact that Kontol said that Striptease/Dead Elf Scans takes too long for the amount of work they have to do on a scanlation, yet hasn't uploaded anything since the sniping incident either. I'm not a big fan of either side of this issue tbh. I don't really care about scanlation drama, I'd just like a semi consistent upload schedule with consistent quality.

Users who are viewing this thread