Isekai Omotenashi Gohan

Dex-chan lover
ah, I forgot about this. I was just in the mood for some healing

Contributor
Anyone read the novel mmm...~?
Is it explained in the novel how the cooking appliances worked in another world (and refrigerator too it seems) mmm...~?

Aggregator gang
How long until the fridge runs out and she's forced to rely solely on ingredients from the other world?

I like the premise. I just want to say that the armor isn't well thought out -- sure it could be dress armor but what I mean it's the armor the princes have is not aesthetically pleasing

Double-page supporter
I like how this incorporates the key trite elements of one of these sorts of other world hero summoning stories but takes the perspective of someone without absurd powers. Additionally, it's shown that the MC doesn't possess some sort of superior cooking sense/powers that put the other world's food to shame. Instead, it's more sort of a reasonable cultural exchange. "Oh, hey, that's pretty good," sorts of reactions instead of somebody rolling up their eyes and losing control of their bodily functions or something.

I honestly like how this manga focuses more on the relationship between family members more than anything else. The MC cooks mainly for her sister and not for the people who've never had contemporary cooking before. It's less shock and wow and more homely than other cooking isekai and it's honestly pretty feelgood.

@Kuroiikawa Eh. They still felt the need to have a white guy practically orgasm over omurice. It's not as bad as Nobu or Restaurant to another World but it still has the same problem.

My Dude. Sometimes People Like New Things. This Isn't Shokugeki No Soma.

@Urabask

That's not really an accurate description. There are a couple of panels where the prince tries the omurice and says it's delicious. That's hardly the level of Nobu or RtAW level of "foodgasm". It's pretty much the basic reaction of someone trying an exotic new food for the first time. Besides, my main point was that this manga was family-oriented. All the cooking scenes have been more or less driven by a desire to cook for her sister or herself (in remembrance of her grandfather). They're not trying to cook to wow anyone, which is what you seem to dislike. The author is essentially telling a story about the family through meals, rather than telling a story about the meals.

Nothing wrong with having your own personal tastes, but the criticism is hardly fair in this case.

@ Kuroiikawa

There are a couple of panels where the prince tries the omurice and says it's delicious.

There are three pages of him eating and reacting to it. His reaction has two close up panels that take up half a page each. He covers his mouth with his hand because he can't f&$!ing believe how good rice and ketchup are.

All the cooking scenes have been more or less driven by a desire to cook for her sister or herself (in remembrance of her grandfather).

Aside from the omurice chapters because she literally says she's cooking to prove her food is good enough for royalty. And then she cooks omurice of all things.

They're not trying to cook to wow anyone, which is what you seem to dislike.

It's the exact opposite of what you're implying. They don't cook to impress, they cook unimpressive food and then they have goobers go nuts over it.

MD@Home
this is the best combination of Isekai and food... well, actually, is Isekai even necessary?

God I wish I know some American or western comics that can be as obsessed about food as Manga...

Dex-chan lover
I get the feelings the functions in the house might just be getting powered by magic, or at least that's my best guess. Conveniently replaced by magic in an Isekai wouldnt be new but I guess it's a problem that they didn't take a few seconds to explain that. (*if I'm right.)

I am enjoying this manga a lot though, it's nice to have a family struggling to get by with food that's good, but not the best, but is the best to their own family.

It's like when your mum/dad, sis/Bro or grandma/granddad have that one meal that you just can't get enough of that brings you do much comfort even though a store or restaurant could obviously do it better. Like that nostalgic taste and smell of being little and feeling full and happy.

Home cooking is unique in that quality I think, they've tried to explore that in other food isekais and succeeded so it's heartening to have one with that as the main focus.

I do kinda want to read more stories about people summoned who weren't supposed to be but there doesn't seem to be a tag for it on novel updates. A shame.

The other cooking Isekai where the dude was accidentally summoned without super special skills like the intended recipients was really fun.

tfw no old knight commander buddy to drink and eat with in the evening

Users who are viewing this thread