Isekai Ryouridou - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - A Meeting With Ingredients

Dex-chan lover
So vegetable dad goes and gets dumbass MC some samples to try, and dumbass MC STILL hasn't learned that he can hand out samples. For, you know, advertising reasons.

@Kurbo
He's discovering ingredient uses like in Skyrim, where you eat stuff to learn it's effects
Agreed, and also how to kill yourself!

Dex-chan lover
Dad just wants to look cool and reliable in front of his kid 😢

@zarian2 you did notice that the people that did come earlier due to the smell immediately left as soon as they realized what kind of meat he used, right? I don’t think the concept of “free food” would change their minds.

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide Nah it would work, the words free food make people try fried cockroaches and coffee made out of civet shit. Free burgers in a crowd (maybe even throw in a crowd plant) would absolutely work. They don't need to know what it is until after. Even capturing 10% of 100 people is still his target of 10 people.

A root vegetable with a strong smell...onion? Garlic? Horseradish? What could it be?

Dex-chan lover
"I died in a fire in an attempt to save a kitchen knife, and became the burger baron in another world"

Dex-chan lover
@zarian2 they literally take one glance at it an recognize what it is. There’s no hiding it from them. Also, what kind of people do you know? I wouldn’t try food made of roaches even if I was PAID TO DO SO, and that civet shit is an expensive “delicacy” rich people pretend to like to show off their wealth and class the masses

Dex-chan lover
@magnetsmangadex My spanish is beyond rusty I'm afraid and I prefer to read it as a manga. The aesthetics of this one are uncommon but nice

@ Mojo Such is the life of a manga enthusiast but yeah, this one is on the tedious side. I too prefer to read them in one go but sometimes that would mean to wait for a decade. I just re-read those that I follow occasionally if they too slow to update otherwise the chapters make no sense anymore because I forgot what happen some odds years ago.

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide Haha I'm not saying I would try it, but people do. And I know all types of people. Just go into a mall or restaurant(haha pre-covid, hooray) and see the samples getting handed out. I wouldn't eat half that garbage, but people go nuts for free food. As an aside, I think
Snowpiercer
every time I hear roach food. But a burger prepared out of sight is just going to smell like grilled meat. They were seeing the preparation and saying "ewww, giba meat," not the finished product. Plus, everyone's reactions after eating the burger were excited and astonished that it was giba. This is easy merchandising 101 stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
I forget, is the Tino this world's version of onion? I waa going to say lettuce, but I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread