Isekai Teni Shite Kyoushi ni Natta ga, Majo to Osorerareteiru Ken ~Aoi-sensei no Gakuen Funtou Nisshi~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
The TL was certainly better.

But they're acting really smug for a couple of parents who flaunted their power, found out their kid was abusing a national secret to cheat, threatened violence, and want to entrust something to MC for no extra paycheck.

MC literally told them she can destroy the kingdom and do her research elsewhere.

Dex-chan lover
The TL was certainly better.

But they're acting really smug for a couple of parents who flaunted their power, found out their kid was abusing a national secret to cheat, threatened violence, and want to entrust something to MC for no extra paycheck.

MC literally told them she can destroy the kingdom and do her research elsewhere.
They didn't only threaten violence, they also cast lethal offensive magic on her out of nowhere that she didn't manage to stop until it was centimeters from hitting her. In other words, had they been seated just a little bit closer mc would have died right then and there as mc wouldn't have performed her counter-spell in time.

Dex-chan lover
They didn't only threaten violence, they also cast lethal offensive magic on her out of nowhere that she didn't manage to stop until it was centimeters from hitting her. In other words, had they been seated just a little bit closer mc would have died right then and there as mc wouldn't have performed her counter-spell in time.
I had this beef too at first, but as the end of the chapter mentions, the whole thing was a test of some sort (implying even the principal knew they were gonna do this/helped them set it up), the queen isn't actually someone who's willing to just threaten someone's life for lese majeste (and from the framing of it, the queen was just threatening her anyway, the knives had halted by the time Aoi chanted "flare", so Aoi wouldn't have died if she was sitting closer). I guess they just wanted to see her attitude/power for themselves.

If the queen was actually just going around killing people for talking poorly of royalty though I'd have much more beef with it though, since I don't really like when people go "oh no I didn't know you were more powerful than me, my mistake haha!", but that's not exactly what's going on here. Though I think the "test" is kinda dumb too, it's just a bit less dumb.

Dex-chan lover
No it wasn't ever going to hit her. It was to test if she was a coward, and backfired spectacularly since they managed to do the exact same thing as the son, using a national secret and having it immediately subverted.

Dex-chan lover
Is nice to see a parent agree and accept a teacher telling their child is the problem child. Not a monster parent that will attack the school for just saying their child is the problem.

Dex-chan lover
I had this beef too at first, but as the end of the chapter mentions, the whole thing was a test of some sort (implying even the principal knew they were gonna do this/helped them set it up), the queen isn't actually someone who's willing to just threaten someone's life for lese majeste (and from the framing of it, the queen was just threatening her anyway, the knives had halted by the time Aoi chanted "flare", so Aoi wouldn't have died if she was sitting closer). I guess they just wanted to see her attitude/power for themselves.

If the queen was actually just going around killing people for talking poorly of royalty though I'd have much more beef with it though, since I don't really like when people go "oh no I didn't know you were more powerful than me, my mistake haha!", but that's not exactly what's going on here. Though I think the "test" is kinda dumb too, it's just a bit less dumb.
I think they had 'halted' because it's a manga panel. So the moment is drawn as a still.

Otherwise there was no reason for mc to counterspell them, and her entire point she mentioned directly after about how even the commoner her could have killed them for their behaviour would ring extremely hollow. Seeing as she only would have had a chance to do so because they in that case chose to spare her and allowed her to cast a spell.

In other words, the spell was en-route to slice her throat and she simply managed to counter it in time.
No it wasn't ever going to hit her. It was to test if she was a coward, and backfired spectacularly since they managed to do the exact same thing as the son, using a national secret and having it immediately subverted.
The trajectory might have been curved, but it was clearly intersection straight on where her neck was positioned.

Or are you arguing that they "tested" her with a test which would kill anyone that fails it (kinda like throwing a witch into a river, tied down with rocks)? And doing so despite already knowing she would pass the "test" because they somehow knew about her capability? (so it would be entirely unneeded)

Dex-chan lover
I think it's still fucked up to test people when you're both the crappy ass parents that put him into power and taught him that royalty all above else....and you have the gall to not even thoroughly apologize but even laugh about it like it was some sort of joke...

Dex-chan lover
You know, even if it wasn't some kind of test from the queen, part of me feels she kinda of had a point, they're royalty, the rulers of a country, powerful people literally and figuratively, even if they accept Aoi point that in school that's all irrelevant, the fact is that her words are meaningless if she's not powerful enough to actually deal with any student misbehaving.

It's like in The Incredibles, now they respect her because she's a threat.

I feel that part of the issue, maybe the biggest issue, isn't the parents in itself, but the school, they let politics control everything when in practice the school rules should have been absolute.

Also, I feel that another issue is the teachers also not necessarily being the strongest people around, since they're probably hired for being the most knowledgeable in their field, it's like hiring a teacher with a peagun to teach students who carry shotguns.

I guess my point is that the school should have been more like Hogwarts, with teachers clearly being the strongest people around to keep not only the students in line, but to protect them too, with the principal being the strongest one around, not a feeble old man.

Dex-chan lover
I think they had 'halted' because it's a manga panel. So the moment is drawn as a still.

Otherwise there was no reason for mc to counterspell them, and her entire point she mentioned directly after about how even the commoner her could have killed them for their behaviour would ring extremely hollow. Seeing as she only would have had a chance to do so because they in that case chose to spare her and allowed her to cast a spell.

In other words, the spell was en-route to slice her throat and she simply managed to counter it in time.

The trajectory might have been curved, but it was clearly intersection straight on where her neck was positioned.

Or are you arguing that they "tested" her with a test which would kill anyone that fails it (kinda like throwing a witch into a river, tied down with rocks)? And doing so despite already knowing she would pass the "test" because they somehow knew about her capability? (so it would be entirely unneeded)
nah the manga portrayed it right, in the LN that ice only inch away never tried to touch Aoi at all, the reason Aoi countered is to like other mentioned Aoi show she pretty much had power and dont care about their status as long its in school ground and they stand as student Parent-Teacher not between Royal and Commoner, this also to see is Aoi not all talk but real deal since its important if they going to abide to Aoi talk.
but yeah by the time school influenced to much by politic its already bad and this story pretty much talk about how Aoi stand for her Ideal vs Political farce that other tried to use in the school

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

I like how even with this all being a test of Aoi, planned from the get go - the results were not just "she's a good teacher", but "oh heck she is even more powerful than we imagined..."

Also glad that she is just as annoyed with those three as we are.

Dex-chan lover
You know, even if it wasn't some kind of test from the queen, part of me feels she kinda of had a point, they're royalty, the rulers of a country, powerful people literally and figuratively, even if they accept Aoi point that in school that's all irrelevant, the fact is that her words are meaningless if she's not powerful enough to actually deal with any student misbehaving.

It's like in The Incredibles, now they respect her because she's a threat.

I feel that part of the issue, maybe the biggest issue, isn't the parents in itself, but the school, they let politics control everything when in practice the school rules should have been absolute.

Also, I feel that another issue is the teachers also not necessarily being the strongest people around, since they're probably hired for being the most knowledgeable in their field, it's like hiring a teacher with a peagun to teach students who carry shotguns.

I guess my point is that the school should have been more like Hogwarts, with teachers clearly being the strongest people around to keep not only the students in line, but to protect them too, with the principal being the strongest one around, not a feeble old man.
I agree. This is part of the reason I argue with people in the comments section of various Isekai manga when they whine about the protagonist not going all out and forcing their way through confrontation with violence. Even if you are the "most powerful" person in the world (bar some God/Goddess) it doesn't mean anything if you make all countries weary of you. It'll more likely result in subjugation than submission (even in The Incredibles the supers were monitored not just for their own protection, but to (try and) stop them if they go wrong, see the sequel). And if one takes utilizing violence to resolve any and all confrontations to it's logical conclusion, that results in becoming a demon lord and destroying all civilization in the world...

I would argue that what Aoi did was necessary, but only because she was proving her point about the absolute difference between royalty/noble/commoner being a difference in immediate power (or surprise).

And, again, you are correct. The fundamental way that the school is run is at fault. The various nations need to band together and agree that within the school all status is irrelevant and people are treated equally. This would require something I sincerely doubt that the countries would want to give as the school was literally being used as a show of power... But I get the feeling that the purpose of the manga is to change that...

Where in the Harry Potter fiction does it claim that the teachers are the strongest Witches and Wizards around? Wouldn't it be logical to have the Auroras (probably misspelled that) be the most powerful (assuming that they accepted the job)? If you mean relative to the students, I can agree, but relative to the entire Wizarding population (of the area that goes to Hogwarts) I find that hard to accept. They have to choose the job, it's not assigned to them.
If I am wrong (and I very well could be), please link your source.

Users who are viewing this thread