Isekai Walking - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Sora's Home Cooking

Double-page supporter
My kingdom for an isekai manga where the other world people aren’t so incredibly stupid and incurious that they have never tried some of the most basic cooking techniques. “What?! Frying food? In COOKING FAT THAT WE HAVE ALREADY HAD FOR AGES?! Oh my gosh, that is the most revolutionary thing, I’ve never tasted anything like this before!”

Dex-chan lover
That's look nice cooking. But how does he fry without oil or butter? Did he use butter?
Yeah, there are a few steps missing in the cooking segment. XD

Potatoes and sweet potatoes are usually roasted/baked, steamed, or boiled to fully cook them since they're toxic if consumed raw. While they can be pan cooked, this is usually in the form of hashbrowns or similarly small pieces - otherwise they take too long to cook.

Personally, I would have cooked the bacon after roasting the potatoes in the fire before slicing and frying the spuds in the remaining bacon fat. While I could see the combination as novel, it's a little odd that just sauteing that way is unusual. Perhaps this is because cooking in a pan with oil is one of the "newer" methods in the history of cooking in Japan when compared to boiling or grilling.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it makes no sense for them to not stay partied up, MC isn't from this world and being solo is bad. They all like each other (more then a bit in 2 cases) and work well together so it seems assanine to split.
This is an MC that is utterly paranoid, constantly feels he's in danger and trying to lay low. So to protect himself, prioritizing his safety over everything, he chose to spend his precious skill points on Cooking. Pretty much tells you how his brain works, eh? In other words, in WN, he
does leave them and worst
he secretly places trackers on them.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it makes no sense for them to not stay partied up, MC isn't from this world and being solo is bad. They all like each other (more then a bit in 2 cases) and work well together so it seems assanine to split.

While I've certainly seen series where the MC changes parties for every arc as part of their wandering, this really doesn't feel like that kind of series.

The MC is just too passive for me to believe he's going to get by on his own. It feels much more likely that he'll be all teary "oh I guess we say goodbye" and the girls go "wait didn't you want to see the world, come with us!"

Though I think it is too much to hope that the thought of splitting up will get an honest confession out of the girls.

Dex-chan lover
This is an MC that is utterly paranoid, constantly feels he's in danger and trying to lay low. So to protect himself, prioritizing his safety over everything, he chose to spend his precious skill points on Cooking. Pretty much tells you how his brain works, eh? In other words, in WN, he

I see myself dropping this in the near future if those spoilers come to pass.

Dex-chan lover
Which honestly doesn't come off so much in the manga he's that paranoid though. I think they needed to have been more overt with that.

Dex-chan lover
Jeeze.

Well, if the adaptation does stick to the WN like that, then I'll probably drop this. I hope that Editor-kun convinced the author to let them take it in a different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread