Isekai Walking - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Sora's Home Cooking

Dex-chan lover
This is an MC that is utterly paranoid, constantly feels he's in danger and trying to lay low. So to protect himself, prioritizing his safety over everything, he chose to spend his precious skill points on Cooking. Pretty much tells you how his brain works, eh? In other words, in WN, he
does leave them and worst
he secretly places trackers on them.
Thanks for the warning that this is indeed as shit as it looks.

Dex-chan lover
My kingdom for an isekai manga where the other world people aren’t so incredibly stupid and incurious that they have never tried some of the most basic cooking techniques. “What?! Frying food? In COOKING FAT THAT WE HAVE ALREADY HAD FOR AGES?! Oh my gosh, that is the most revolutionary thing, I’ve never tasted anything like this before!”
If you want a believable cooking focused Isekai, the 'Cooking with Wild Game' LN is the first that comes to mind. Note the following has minor spoilers; Protagonist has to spent lots of time doing trial and error to understand how to even use the Isekai fruit and veg. There's proper explanations for why the tribe he's living with currently have very primitive cuisine and why his food eventually becomes popular with people outside the tribe. Also food is relevant to the plot and there are logical conflicts around it. Like conservative tribe members rejecting him (an outsider) and thus his food as well.
Quick warning though it does have a bit of politics and the romance is painfully slow.

Group Leader
If you want a believable cooking focused Isekai, the 'Cooking with Wild Game' LN is the first that comes to mind. Note the following has minor spoilers; Protagonist has to spent lots of time doing trial and error to understand how to even use the Isekai fruit and veg. There's proper explanations for why the tribe he's living with currently have very primitive cuisine and why his food eventually becomes popular with people outside the tribe. Also food is relevant to the plot and there are logical conflicts around it. Like conservative tribe members rejecting him (an outsider) and thus his food as well.
Quick warning though it does have a bit of politics and the romance is painfully slow.
If people want a comfier cooking-focused isekai, my recommend is on Campfire Cooking in Another World. It's light and generally comedic, and the ads for the LN from the original publishers were literally just some dishes being cooked

Dex-chan lover
Ah nice cooking Sora! Chris' affection for you has certainly leveled up. And thanks to the both of you, Rurika had a nice meal!

I doubt their party's gonna disband anytime soon. Even if Rurika and Chris rank up, I'm sure Sora's gonna follow them. He's become attached to them. I'm interested in their next adventures. Where will they walk to next?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, there are a few steps missing in the cooking segment. XD

Potatoes and sweet potatoes are usually roasted/baked, steamed, or boiled to fully cook them since they're toxic if consumed raw. While they can be pan cooked, this is usually in the form of hashbrowns or similarly small pieces - otherwise they take too long to cook.

Personally, I would have cooked the bacon after roasting the potatoes in the fire before slicing and frying the spuds in the remaining bacon fat. While I could see the combination as novel, it's a little odd that just sauteing that way is unusual. Perhaps this is because cooking in a pan with oil is one of the "newer" methods in the history of cooking in Japan when compared to boiling or grilling.
To me this is just hashbrowns with extra steps. The microwave was unnecessary. Something you might use as a short cut, but not the default needed tool.

And I thought that was just a myth about potatoes. The roots ARE toxic and so is the skin, if under ripe and green, but the meat of the potatoes is just starch. Raw starch is hard to digest and therefor causes bloating but it isn't poisonous or anything.

Dex-chan lover
This is an MC that is utterly paranoid, constantly feels he's in danger and trying to lay low. So to protect himself, prioritizing his safety over everything, he chose to spend his precious skill points on Cooking. Pretty much tells you how his brain works, eh? In other words, in WN, he
does leave them and worst
he secretly places trackers on them.
Ah, i remember something like that from the WN with the dude making some pendants to track up energy and giving it to them, because it was going to save him trouble looking for them if they happen to bump into each other later or someshit, though i ended up dropping the WN rather early, around when 1st Part ended, which was like chapter 35-40ish, dunno if it got any better after that or in current chapters seeing that is still ongoing with over 400, or even if the Light Novel changed/improved any of this, since is getting a 4th Volume like next month

Last edited:
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
The mage obviously has the hots for him. At least bone her before parting ways.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm not taking any bets on him actually saying goodbye to them.
They might... There's always the Reunion trope... Or the handy "Old Teammate/Damsel in Distress", or....

My guess is they'll be placed on the backburner for a bit, despite, or maybe because they're clearly Waifu material and the story/manga isn't quite there yet when it comes to milking that one.

Dex-chan lover
I see myself dropping this in the near future if those spoilers come to pass.
Don't be alarmed. It sounds bad but in actuality, he's just worried about them.

And was hoping to "accidentally" bump into them again.....

I realize that this doesn't help my argument lol.

Dex-chan lover

It really sounds bad lol, that's why I said if it becomes stalkery then I'll drop. If it's just basic knowing where they are to rejoin at some point that's different (Considering how large worlds are and how likely your to run into someone again.)

Supporter

Yep, still stalkerish. I agree as well, the "cuisine" is pretty damn basic. Literally salt fat oil heat and starch. Why is that so "amazing~" to them?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If people want a comfier cooking-focused isekai, my recommend is on Campfire Cooking in Another World. It's light and generally comedic, and the ads for the LN from the original publishers were literally just some dishes being cooked
My favorite is Isekai Yururi Kikou: Raising Children while being an Adventurer.
Where the locals' idea of getting tastier food is hunting more dangerous (and hence tastier) monsters, and MC's approach of combining different products and using spices is something novel.

Dex-chan lover
LOL, I'll just throw this out as well then. His first real companion is
a 10 years old assassin ninja loli that he made his slave.
:p

Yeah I'm out. Not sure why I didn't check the WN tags before; I guess I thought this was too inoffensive to bother doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread