Isekai Walking - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Sora's Home Cooking

Group Leader
We all seemed to have judged this book a bit more on the first few chapters.
Yeah I'm out. Not sure why I didn't check the WN tags before; I guess I thought this was too inoffensive to bother doing so.

Honestly if he does go all creepy stalker in this series I'll probably be dropping too.
TwT Aren't you all (not just you three) judging this series a bit too early... I mean the spoilers are from the WN, so why not just see how this play's out?
sheesh, the spoilers are making this series lose it's readers...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My kingdom for an isekai manga where the other world people aren’t so incredibly stupid and incurious that they have never tried some of the most basic cooking techniques. “What?! Frying food? In COOKING FAT THAT WE HAVE ALREADY HAD FOR AGES?! Oh my gosh, that is the most revolutionary thing, I’ve never tasted anything like this before!”
Well to be fair, in this case these people are from a different country too and if I remember correctly, unlike the people in that forest, didn't even know what bacon is, so getting food with fried bacon would impress them. The same probably can't be said for the people who made that bacon because they would have experience cooking with it. This is a world without globalization, so some people not knowing some foods is bound to happen.

Dex-chan lover
TwT Aren't you all (not just you three) judging this series a bit too early... I mean the spoilers are from the WN, so why not just see how this play's out?
I mean the series gets
Slave party members for that loli harem goodness I suppose
I'm fine being spoiled to learn I'd have absolutely trashed a series later for jumping the shark. My most hated trope is going to be coming up so that's why I'm basically out. Doesn't change much if I wink out now or in how ever many chapters that would have happened.

Dex-chan lover
Made me wonder if he ever sees the 6 other isekaied kids now. I'm assuming he either won't part with these two or will only do so temporarily though.

Also ick not keen on those spoilers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Potatoes and sweet potatoes are usually roasted/baked, steamed, or boiled to fully cook them since they're toxic if consumed raw.
Only if they're not matured with green spots or sprouting if badly stored, which is a no go for anything edible.

Potatoes have glycoalkaloids and the tubers have the lowest content, don't be so worried.

You can slowfry potatoes, just chop them to about 5mm thin pieces...

Dex-chan lover
d1A0F9g.jpg

Sora, you fucking donkey...

Dex-chan lover
LOL, I'll just throw this out as well then. His first real companion is
a 10 years old assassin ninja loli that he made his slave.
:p
Now that you worded it like that, I feel like every mundane development in this novel is kinda sinister. I didn't find that to be a problem when I read that part in the novel, but retelling it here turned it 180 degree....

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Now that you worded it like that, I feel like every mundane development in this novel is kinda sinister. I didn't find that to be a problem when I read that part in the novel, but retelling it here turned it 180 degree....
The story isn't dark edgelord, that's for sure, but
he only gets slaves as his companions because of his paranoia and the reason he enslaves them aren't that good. 1st slave loli ninja, lost her memories, he decided to look after her so he fakes her death and decided it's more convenient to look after her by enslaving her. 2nd, beastgirl slave that the two girls are looking for, he is helping them look for her so he buys her, but for reasons, refuse to tell her he's helping their mutual friend. Also keeps her as a slave. 3rd, saint he saves by faking her death and decided that the most convenient way to protect her is to enslave her. :rolleyes:
This is just bad wannabe Shield Hero. Personally, the bigger issue I have is the author keeps flip-flopping MC personality/actions. Like
being cautious, refusing to fight and take risks, then noticed he was right and someone was following him, so he decides to take the biggest risk of his life by fighting the toughest battle yet (solo a group of orcs) IN FRONT OF the suspicious guy following him. :unsure: A special kind of genius, this bloke.
Well, clearly it's an author issue, so the manga might change/be better, who knows.

Dex-chan lover
My thinking (for what it's worth) is this:

If the story has some really cool or interesting elements, I'll stick it out even if it does have some stuff I don't like. At least until the gross stuff becomes too much.

All this story had was some comfy vibes and meme-status when it was being translated by a different group each chapter. Knowing that the source material contains a lot of stuff that ruins my comfy vibes makes me unwilling to stick around to see how things develop. There are plenty of other "OP MC makes friends and does adventures" stories for me to read without spending more time on this one.

(snipped spoilers)

This is just bad wannabe Shield Hero

Well I thought Shield Hero was gross with all of its misogyny and slavery, so wannabe Shield Hero is definitely not for me. I appreciate the spoilers so I didn't get too invested in this.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, the bigger issue I have is the author keeps flip-flopping MC personality/actions. Like
being cautious, refusing to fight and take risks, then noticed he was right and someone was following him, so he decides to take the biggest risk of his life by fighting the toughest battle yet (solo a group of orcs) IN FRONT OF the suspicious guy following him. :unsure: A special kind of genius, this bloke.
Well, clearly it's an author issue, so the manga might change/be better, who knows.
Well, I guess the author has the opportunity to fix this for the LN (and the manga that is surely based on LN).

Dex-chan lover
The story isn't dark edgelord, that's for sure, but
he only gets slaves as his companions because of his paranoia and the reason he enslaves them aren't that good. 1st slave loli ninja, lost her memories, he decided to look after her so he fakes her death and decided it's more convenient to look after her by enslaving her. 2nd, beastgirl slave that the two girls are looking for, he is helping them look for her so he buys her, but for reasons, refuse to tell her he's helping their mutual friend. Also keeps her as a slave. 3rd, saint he saves by faking her death and decided that the most convenient way to protect her is to enslave her. :rolleyes:
This is just bad wannabe Shield Hero. Personally, the bigger issue I have is the author keeps flip-flopping MC personality/actions. Like
Oh yeah I also noticed the story was all over the place lol

Dex-chan lover
If you want a believable cooking focused Isekai, the 'Cooking with Wild Game' LN is the first that comes to mind. Note the following has minor spoilers; Protagonist has to spent lots of time doing trial and error to understand how to even use the Isekai fruit and veg. There's proper explanations for why the tribe he's living with currently have very primitive cuisine and why his food eventually becomes popular with people outside the tribe. Also food is relevant to the plot and there are logical conflicts around it. Like conservative tribe members rejecting him (an outsider) and thus his food as well.
Quick warning though it does have a bit of politics and the romance is painfully slow.
i do hope that LN is better than the manga adaptation, been reading that and the storyboard is kinda horrendous

Double-page supporter
My kingdom for an isekai manga where the other world people aren’t so incredibly stupid and incurious that they have never tried some of the most basic cooking techniques. “What?! Frying food? In COOKING FAT THAT WE HAVE ALREADY HAD FOR AGES?! Oh my gosh, that is the most revolutionary thing, I’ve never tasted anything like this before!”
this things are more hilarius when you know that frying was around the mesopotamian time, meaning frying food existed for at least 4000 years

Users who are viewing this thread