Isekai Walking - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Subjugation Complete

Aggregator gang
Oh, it looks like there was a monster raid while the party was gone. I do hope that the Hero's Party is gonna be able to subdue the demon lord soon.

It looks like Sora got really good skills. Although since Parallel Thinking is still low level, it's still not that great. Natural Recovery is a big boon, since he heals much faster now. He also had a good idea with using Natural Recovery to use Parallel Thinking more often. But now it takes longer for him to grind exp. Well, that's RPGs for you, but now it's real life for Sora too.

It seems that the bunny thing can see that Sora and Chris have some mutual affections for each other. But Sora's Appraisal skill isn't good enough to tell what it is yet. Is that good for him, or bad?
In the novel the spirit isn't mentioned so must be manga original idea. Appraisal isn't to exciting as it levels up. I think his real focus is on space magic to increase dimension storage

Dex-chan lover
That will change slightly
I wish....
Instead he bids them farewell, goes into paranoia because kings spies, gets a loli slave and even after a while instead containing Chris he just puts a tracker on them by mistake and call it a day... That's 180°.

It could be handled better, maybe some constant ominous human figure in the background of each chapter. But we only had sensing "presence" in a single chapter...

Dex-chan lover
I wish....
Instead he bids them farewell, goes into paranoia because kings spies, gets a loli slave and even after a while instead containing Chris he just puts a tracker on them by mistake and call it a day... That's 180°.

It could be handled better, maybe some constant ominous human figure in the background of each chapter. But we only had sensing "presence" in a single chapter...
Agreed. This is one time I hope they don't stay completely faithful to the source material.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed. This is one time I hope they don't stay completely faithful to the source material.
Entire story looks promising and somewhat refreshing, Naofumi from Shield Hero started off pretty similar too, from a dude you could leave your GF for a sleepover to a clinical antihero with trust issues.

Just the whole reason for him so far going paranoid with on top of that obtaining a freaking loli assasin is ridiculous and trope-ish.

Dex-chan lover
I wish....

Wait. Wut? For reals? I better be careful to not get cut by the edge.

I might drop this if that's how this will play out.

Dex-chan lover
Did the walking math: just to lvl 20 > 25, he needs to walk from Boston to Chicago (or Paris in France to Warsaw in Poland).
The heroes he summoned alongside started with stats equivalent to what he'll have at lvl 29.

Better start walking.
Well, look at it this way: at least his ability to level up isn't really broken. It just seemed so at first so that he could catch up with the others in a hurry.

Their loss, reeally. They could have had an ace-level porter who would slowly turn into a capable fighter as well as a one-man cargo convoy.

Dex-chan lover
In the novel the spirit isn't mentioned so must be manga original idea.
This is why I have the hope that the manga will continue to deviate - that it already has in a radical manner by introducing chatacters that were never present in the WN.

Really, it wouldn't take much to keep to the original story beats of the WN while making the MC not seem like a mentally disturbed person. Just change up the circumstances a bit here and there and we can keep the wholesomeness. This is what editors exist for.

Dex-chan lover
YzqdhPy.png

By disturbing connectivity between hemispheres, you can gain anxiety, develop paranoia, trouble with facial recognition, mobility loss or problem in overall body control, information gathering and perception.

I'm not sure if author was aiming for that but judging by WN tags....
"I'm not sure if author was aiming for that but judging by WN tags...." Hey OP, what the fuck does this mean?

Double-page supporter
Did the walking math: just to lvl 20 > 25, he needs to walk from Boston to Chicago (or Paris in France to Warsaw in Poland).
The heroes he summoned alongside started with stats equivalent to what he'll have at lvl 29.

Better start walking.
Eh, even without a skill to make you not get fatigue from walking, that distance isn’t all that much — around 850 miles. Eight miles a day isn’t hard to maintain if you are healthy, have the time, and don’t mind the monotony of walking and walking and walking (source: a real-life retired elderly relative who walks 7 miles a day while being over the age of 75), and at 8 miles a day you would walk that far in a bit over 100 days. (Typical adult walking pace is about 3 mph, so that’s about 160 minutes a day on walking; I know people who have spent more time than that every day for longer periods than that on single video games.) Easy peasy.

With a skill that keeps you from getting fatigue from walking you could easily walk 10 hours a day just going around and around and around the city, which is a lot of time but at 3 mph would get you 850 miles in a month and still technically leave you with time for a part-time job to pay for food and lodging. (And that’s assuming you couldn’t find an in-city full-time job that you could accomplish by walking, like delivery or something, to make the walking itself profitable.) (And also ignoring the fact that your walking speed would rise as you did more walking, so you would need to spend less time per day grinding away, or else finish in a shorter time.)

Dex-chan lover
"I'm not sure if author was aiming for that but judging by WN tags...." Hey OP, what the fuck does this mean?
Mc has developed paranoia due to king sending spies to track his whereabouts, because he had a second thought after immediately dumping his ass out of castle.

He uses skills like that which results in him being suspicious of everything and being paranoid. Such a wholesome kid turn bad... Chris would be a great remedy for that, but alas...

It's still a good story, I'm still rooting for mc because I'm pissed at the king for being careless. Just the trope loli slave girl... Wouldn't a same age or older hurt?

If you're referring to splitting your own brain at will, it's not a machine that can be turned off partially, it needs constant connection between every single part otherwise you will have delusions and whatnot

Dex-chan lover
Eh, even without a skill to make you not get fatigue from walking, that distance isn’t all that much — around 850 miles. Eight miles a day isn’t hard to maintain if you are healthy, have the time, and don’t mind the monotony of walking and walking and walking (source: a real-life retired elderly relative who walks 7 miles a day while being over the age of 75), and at 8 miles a day you would walk that far in a bit over 100 days. (Typical adult walking pace is about 3 mph, so that’s about 160 minutes a day on walking; I know people who have spent more time than that every day for longer periods than that on single video games.) Easy peasy.

With a skill that keeps you from getting fatigue from walking you could easily walk 10 hours a day just going around and around and around the city, which is a lot of time but at 3 mph would get you 850 miles in a month and still technically leave you with time for a part-time job to pay for food and lodging. (And that’s assuming you couldn’t find an in-city full-time job that you could accomplish by walking, like delivery or something, to make the walking itself profitable.) (And also ignoring the fact that your walking speed would rise as you did more walking, so you would need to spend less time per day grinding away, or else finish in a shorter time.)

Well, look at it this way: at least his ability to level up isn't really broken. It just seemed so at first so that he could catch up with the others in a hurry.

Their loss, reeally. They could have had an ace-level porter who would slowly turn into a capable fighter as well as a one-man cargo convoy.
Even if it only takes him a month, he's still behind where the other summons started. I'm sure they aren't resting on their laurels. Don't think he'll be catching up any time soon.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it looks like there was a monster raid while the party was gone. I do hope that the Hero's Party is gonna be able to subdue the demon lord soon.

It looks like Sora got really good skills. Although since Parallel Thinking is still low level, it's still not that great. Natural Recovery is a big boon, since he heals much faster now. He also had a good idea with using Natural Recovery to use Parallel Thinking more often. But now it takes longer for him to grind exp. Well, that's RPGs for you, but now it's real life for Sora too.

It seems that the bunny thing can see that Sora and Chris have some mutual affections for each other. But Sora's Appraisal skill isn't good enough to tell what it is yet. Is that good for him, or bad?
It said denied so maybe the spirit prevented it. Unless someone else already made that comment

Users who are viewing this thread