Isekai wo Seigyo Mahou de Kirihirake! - Vol. 4 Ch. 36 - Carve A Path

I guess I'm glad they focused on the romance in the end since that was really the only strength this series had. Actual plot was generic and needlessly complicated.
I feel like it went downhill around Ch.19 then got worse with the dwarf part, introduced a lot of new characters who were annoying and pointless. Jumped the shark with the future/past and destiny stuff, even if it was their intent from the beginning it should've been more subtle or revealed in a single twist chapter rather than wasting a lot of time beating the reader over the head with it and talking about doing things rather than actually doing them. Maybe they could have stumbled upon the ruins of a city rather than showing us random flashbacks. Spent a lot of time on power ups and golem crap that really didn't go anywhere and wasn't very interesting. Wasn't even an enemy to justify the power ups till the very end.

Seems to be a common problem with adventure romance series, they start off good at a steady pace then half-way through they get scared of advancing things too fast, so they slam the breaks and just add filler to waste time which eliminates anything to keep the readers interest, then they get axed and rush whats left at the end.
Draw people in the with initially good story, have some success, then decide they want to be Naruto and need to be prepared to pad 300 chapters.

Only adventure romance series I can think of that did a reasonable job lasting a long time was Inuyasha and that was because they focused on the characters bantering and interacting rather then jumping between major developments. Also had several major characters with interesting subplots that they could focus on to mix things up.
Maybe that's why harems have so much luck, they can just switch from focus on one heroine to the next when they run out of ideas.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, we are finally progressing with the main story part...
So what happens in the chapter?
Chapter starts
Explanation about what is to come. --> flash forward --> Story ends.
Chapter ends.
What?!?!

Okay, gotta note down the author's name so I never read any of his manga ever again since they will most likely end up like that, too.

Uh. That was bad. I don't even remember why I started reading this, but at least it came to an end. Thx for the translation nevertheless.

Story concept was great but after the water dragon and this ending felt ham fisted to just get it over with. No fault lies with the scan group.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh i hate it when the ending shoves its dick down your throat like this.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man it always looks like the golem is blushing....

Also wait did we just skip the climax?!

WHAT?!!!

So we're about to get to the real story....then it ends abruptly like that!

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I've seen worse, at least they gave us an actual ending.

Users who are viewing this thread