Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 30.1 - Each One's Utmost (First Part)

@Red225
That's what I'm trying to say. If the virus is touching less and less people due to the people practicing the health & safety protocols, then sooner or later this Covid-19 would stop being a giant menace. Slowing it down is enough to give time for researchers to make the antivirus. And yet those morons don't seem to care one bit.

Dex-chan lover
@criver they’re not exactly wrong though, just extremely overly optimistic. In a perfect world where safety protocols where followed to the letter and every country actually had a sensible leader, it’s possible that the pandemic could’ve been mostly under control by now.

That aside, I don’t see your point. Slowing the pandemic down is actually a huge help in saving lives down the line, so why do you make it sound like it’s a trivial thing?

Dex-chan lover
Just saying that the sea has their own carcass/corpse eater and they are more effective than what we have on land. So, if that ship sink pretty deep, our cute worm, fish, starfish, and many other creatures will do their job until nothing remains (except the ship itself).

@nm79 not to mention deep sea temperature, land diseases usually need certain temperature to life and breed, without that either they will dead or they will go to a deep slumber.

Dex-chan lover
@Red225: I don't have a medical background nor a science degree in Biology, but as far as I understand it, one bacteria or one virus can actually infiltrate your body, successfully reproduce itself and therefore infect you. It is just astronomically improbable and for it to become halfway probable, there need to be a huge number of them, so your statement holds true most of the time. I would just have added that. Your post is the most proficient one in this thread.

Also Infections can die down again and an infected individual can also be isolated (e.g. living somewhere remote) or isolate themselves by choice. So even if some bacteria reach somebody at the shore, most likely nothing will happen.
And bacteria are living beings. Viruses are on the border of being counted as life, but they simple infiltrate a host and reprogram it. Many can lie dormant quite some time. Most bacteria on the other hand NEED TO metabolize! If they don't have a mode, that puts them into a deep dormant state, they aren't frozen or dried up (later both not very probable in an ocean), they have to fight with two unfavorable factors: An environment that is hostile towards them, as it is no host, and there is nothing to metabolize. They starve eventually, if nothing else killed them. If they float on the water surface, there are also UV-rays, which will disinfect them.

The only troublesome thing might be a washed up corpse, but I believe the admiral is capable enough to judge the currents.

@DeadKinginHell: While I thought of your first comment here as too soupy (Most careless people/deniers don't kill themselves, they kill others.), I can wholeheartedly concur to your second post.

Dex-chan lover
@Doodads
In a perfect world where safety protocols where followed to the letter and every country actually had a sensible leader, it’s possible that the pandemic could’ve been mostly under control by now.
I don't know where you are at, but where I am at the pandemic is under control just fine, and never went out of control. You also mention safety protocols like wearing a mask I assume. Masks don't stop the virus, unless somebody literally coughs their phlegm on you, that's the only occasion in which a mask can decrease the probability of you getting sick. Social distancing also only helps so much when you have to go to the supermarket. I am not saying the latter should not be practiced mind you, it's just that blaming others for being "morons" is stupid, when there are plenty of other factors that play into how many sick people there are (e.g. population density).

And let's be fair here, I was replying to this nonsense:
If you fools practiced the safety & health protocols such as wearing masks everywhere you go and stopping from going out too often, then this fucking pandemic could've ended much earlier. You morons killed yourselves, with your own hands too. Don't blame the doctors for this, they've warned you.
The pandemic won't end earlier if you practice safety & health protocols, in fact it will end later, but with less deaths. And then this same user has the nerve to call other morons. Going outside on its own also doesn't increase the risk of contamination, in fact it can decrease it (e.g. too many people inside, weaker immune system due to lack of physical activity). So the genius over here warned us mortal morons alright. Smh the ego of some people.

wouldnt have been better to
burn the ship? what if the infected corpses get to the shore?

in topic of epidemic disease .... I fear for American people that as for right now, they have deal with the virus and at the same time they have to deal with their brain dead president that lies to their faces every opportunity to win the soon coming election

Why is the Polish Coat of arms on the flag of that ship???? Are Polish people also isekaied into fantasy worlds just as often as Japanese?

I don’t know medical protocol but is it alright to sink the ship as is like that? Leaving aside the fact that it may wash to shore, the fish and resources can also contract disease and pass it to people right?

Fed-Kun's army
@criver

I think you, like apparently a lot of people, misunderstand the use of the everyday mask. It's not to protect you from inhaling virulent particles, but to prevent you from distributing such to large distances from yourself SHOULD you be infected.
They are to prevent what has been simulated a few months ago on the Japanese HPC (K-computer, I thbink)

Dex-chan lover
Not really, water is salty, and fish gets eaten by other fish mostly so it gets heavily processed, and fish themselves don't get sick by this (afik), only carry dying pathogens

Dex-chan lover
@Tanterei The particles pass through your regular mask. Yes, they are indeed that small. The thing that won't pass through the mask is the phlegm that someone coughs at you. Here you go:
1585836154_20200402-masken-local.jpg
Even if you were to wear the last mask (which mostly nobody has where I am at), it won't stop the virus entering through your eyes for example.

Aggregator gang
IIRC, didn't the black plague only pass through insect bites? (Like ticks and fleas)

Fed-Kun's army
@criver At this point there seems to be plenty of evidence that wearing a mask does in fact reduce the spread of COVID-19.
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449
I don't know if you regularly have people coughing into your eyes, but suggesting that masks do nothing is misinformed at best and reprehensible at worst.

Users who are viewing this thread