Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 30.2 - Each One's Utmost (Last Part)

Dex-chan lover
Of course he didn't learn. Why would he learn? Or rather, he's already willing to do it.

Can't let this kid go alone anywhere without someone to nag him...

Dex-chan lover
@dextersTomato
I know right? It used to be fun when it's at least thematically accurate. But now he basically import modern medicine and medical technology into a fantasy medieval.

His own trained doctor and modern tech basically made the MC existence useless too other than to cure some random city with his miracle, just to flex on the Peasant

Dex-chan lover
shouldn't it be natural fungi on page 6? They're talking about penicillin, an antibiotic, that's extracted from shrooms

Dex-chan lover
@WillTell For something effective against Bubonic plague it's probably streptomyces or micromonospora. We get aminoglycosides and tetracyclines from them. Penicillin is only effective against gram positive bacteria.

Double-page supporter
@WillTell
Penicillin just one kind of antibiotics. There are many kinds of antibiotics that comes from bacteria and fungi.

Today's research also have the antibacterial viruses too (while that's still in progress). See bacteriophage.

Seems like the microscope technology has been progressng since the last time I saw the first microscope in this manga

Dex-chan lover
Jeebus... reading this in the time of COVID in the USA...
Hits all the reals.

Dex-chan lover
"I am just a pharmacist," I really need to ask my local pharmacist to show me how well they can fly one of these days.
Today's research also have the antibacterial viruses too (while that's still in progress). See bacteriophage.
There's an interesting theory that the reason we developed the way we did as a species is due to a virus making itself at home in us waaaay back. Cue Matrix memes about us being the real virus.

Users who are viewing this thread