Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Palle's Capital Expedition

Dex-chan lover
Some places in the midwest of the united states are dealing with that TODAY.
It's sad to see it resurge, but it's crazy how timely this chapter was.

Contributor
Dun dun dun.

Anyway, I must say, I love the twist of "wait, but no, it's an isekai so they're not just uncultured people talking about evil spirits, so that's actually a thing". And now they're this fascinating off-camera thing because they avoid the protagonist like the plague (ha. ha.)

@TitanAnteus:

Yeah, but thankfully we don't have to worry that much these days, unless antibiotic-resistant strains start showing up or something. I mean, the people who catch it may not have a good time of it, but it just isn't the bogeyman it once was anymore.

For this series it could make a good plot device, though, if the author does want a crisis—it could believably spread too quickly for our protagonist to hand-make antibiotics, for instance.

Black Death, The death toll will (probably) be high even with the help of the MC's cure later.

Unless

He found the most effective cure

Fun fact: the main reason the black death killed so much was because of supersticion, they kiled black cats and other stupid things that simply aided the plauge, in reality it would have killed half the amount at most if they did nothing about the "witches"

Fed-Kun's army
@Midori_SJH
the black plague is pretty hard to spread without fleas also with antibiotics(except penicillin) the plague is rare
so the fastest think he can do is stockpile antibiotics

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork in her defense, she do in fact say no, her brother just do not care.
that dont make her less of an evil little trickster, but yeah.....
profanity would be an appropriate response

@mahtan manmade or not, it doesnt relevant, since its a fiction... Using real diseases as base, though... Since the power to materialize elements out of thin air and magics exist there, author can always do an asspull... Like genetic mutations or something like evolving/mutated virus or bacteria....
Because we still can count the number of fatal/high mortality diseases even in our real world, not including those with genetic disorder illnesses, hereditary, dietary-related or non-infectious diseases...
Sooner or later, the author will run out of (popular)fatal/high mortality diseases to be used as a topic/plot... And will probably bring the current real diseases into this manga, with some BS or asspull ofc hence manmade or not is not really important / relevant...
And according to some spoiler above,
there is a subplot involving evil spirit which is probably added to cover for when the popular diseases topics are running out...
But then again, if author only limiting the topics to medieval diseases then you might be right... Which is also unlikely if you took the probability of evolving and mutations into consideration...

Fuck. Saw that one coming long way ahead... It's the fucking plague.

Dex-chan lover
A full, single-part chapter. Is it weird to say I'm not used to this anymore? Anyway, appreciate it.

A bit of lore regarding Falma's nature as a god was dropped. Do gods tend to live short lives because "something something overwhelming power"? Is Falma's spirit gonna end up back on earth in a few years? Either way, I guess he's on a more serious deadline now.

And yeah...Palle is quite intimidating, basically all the time. So it's only natural for things to turn out the way he did when he chased his sister around. Rather, good on the officers for protecting the lolis and preserving public order. They were wrong, but they did their jobs perfectly.

And lastly...
Bulbonic Plague HYPE!

...Okay, maybe that isn't the best response to this in any context. But the Black Death is probably one of the most infamous plagues in history, so even if it's no longer a boogeyman today, this is the epic boss that's perfect for an Isekai protagonist to fight against.

Time for the bube.

I kinda always expected the bube would be the "final boss" of the manga, so I hope that isn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread