Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu - Vol. 7 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

From moving fortress to flying fortress...
(OωO )...

Dex-chan lover
Oh how we love our nearly Indestructible Adorable Walking Moe Demon Goddess of Death & Destruction (IAWMDGD&D?)?

Dex-chan lover
Wait so maples biggest weakness is dot's that arent poison? Until she gets something that makes elements and bleeding a joke I guess
The devs designed the current update to create a weakness for her through implementing piercing attacks.
Her biggest weakness I’d say is being surrounded by tanks that can keep her grounded and pinned with ranged characters behind firing attacks with piercing damage. The raid boss treatment so to say (cause..., she might as well be one). :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
Maple's Mode shift is still fucking hilarious I know it's not called that but I call it that, standby defense mode, and full assault mode because she is a walking mobile artillery fortress

Dex-chan lover
The devs designed the current update to create a weakness for her through implementing piercing attacks.
Her biggest weakness I’d say is being surrounded by tanks that can keep her grounded and pinned with ranged characters behind firing attacks with piercing damage. The raid boss treatment so to say (cause..., she might as well be one). :LOL:
isn't calling her a raid boss low balling her?

Dex-chan lover
isn't calling her a raid boss low balling her?
Haha, I get the joke. Though at the current part of the story I feel that’s about right; with 3 forms (4 if you count angel wings) and no special mechanics.
Later when she has more “forms” and can summon mobs though... (which what you probably have in mind). I’m not sure she can be pinned by tanks anymore which makes her closer to be classified as... a party wipe mechanic perhaps? :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Haha, I get the joke. Though at the current part of the story I feel that’s about right; with 3 forms (4 if you count angel wings) and no special mechanics.
Later when she has more “forms” and can summon mobs though... (which what you probably have in mind). I’m not sure she can be pinned by tanks anymore which makes her closer to be classified as... a party wipe mechanic perhaps? :ROFLMAO:

She already has raid boss form tho (the big mode of her crawling chaos series)

Maple transform raid boss mode
Sally uses shadow clone on Maple to create 3 more raid boss
Kaede use similar thing for 3 more clones

Pillar Men theme intensifies

Dex-chan lover
She already has raid boss form tho (the big mode of her crawling chaos series)

Maple transform raid boss mode
Sally uses shadow clone on Maple to create 3 more raid boss
Kaede use similar thing for 3 more clones

Pillar Men theme intensifies

As a recent MMO player, I’d expect more than just being big and hit kind of hard to qualify her as a raid boss, a field boss perhaps would be apt.

Her current arsenal combined would qualify her as a raid boss in terms of difficulty and variety. Human form (basic), machine god (long range, high mobility), and atrocity large form (high HP, brute force). Her winged form can be counted as one too when she has party members. Combined, this makes a 20-40 min fight with 2-4 changing variety/form, that is about what I expect from an MMO raid boss.

That said, everyone has different expectations on gaming bosses. So, yours is definitely valid too depending on the gameplay mechanics and balancing.

Now, at the end point of the currently translated LN and anime, she has poltergeist, tentacles, chair + wings combo, summon ogres (that can level up if she decided to grind for it), and evolved Syrup. Everything combined makes her way beyond any boss in any game, this is before even accounting any of her guild members supporting, say Sally, Kaede, and Kaede’s pet. This definitely makes me calling her a raid boss or any sort of boss a lowball.

Dex-chan lover
Aren't self-destruct moves usually absolute damage based on the remaining HP of the caster (or remaining HP depending on the mechanic).

Dex-chan lover
Aren't self-destruct moves usually absolute damage based on the remaining HP of the caster (or remaining HP depending on the mechanic).
Maple can only be damaged by pierce damage. with her defense almost 5 digits big, i'm sure the explosion isn't 5 digits in damage worth to inflict. just my thought. since the manga/wm/anime never really covered it.

Dex-chan lover
Maple can only be damaged by pierce damage. with her defense almost 5 digits big, i'm sure the explosion isn't 5 digits in damage worth to inflict. just my thought. since the manga/wm/anime never really covered it.
Same. Never read the LN either, so it's just how I thought self-destruct moves would typically operate in game ^^;

Dex-chan lover
Same. Never read the LN either, so it's just how I thought self-destruct moves would typically operate in game ^^;
Most games make Self-destruct be based on the HP(either max or current) of the user... Mii being a mage would probably make her HP not that high so even with an absurdly high damage modifier or it having def pierce/ignore it shouldn't matter much to Maple's HP.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shoot, I've caught up. Had waited until I'd seen season 2 of the anime before starting the manga and it's nice to see the more detailed explanations text can provide over animation. Thanks for translating.

Fed-Kun's army
Most games make Self-destruct be based on the HP(either max or current) of the user... Mii being a mage would probably make her HP not that high so even with an absurdly high damage modifier or it having def pierce/ignore it shouldn't matter much to Maple's HP.
Except Maple's HP is definitely lower than Mii... Maple hasn't put a single point in HP, so the value is the same as a lvl 1 character. She does have a ring and a passive skill that gives a little extra HP, but compared to a normal tank it might as well be nonexistant, which is why her HP drops like a rock when she is hit by the DoT. Only when she wears her white armor does she have a lot of HP, as that armor is specialized in boosting HP (because all the skills bound to the angel form costs HP to use)

Users who are viewing this thread