It's Maka! Not Baka!!!

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious about the four people who have scored this with 5. One imagines trolls as scoring good work with 1 and bad work with 10. One imagines shills as scoring work with 8, 9, or 10. And lunatics might score this work with 10. But who would score this work as average?

3.00 exactly. How low can we go?

Also, not surprised to see that "kingdom cheat" isekai in the #3 spot (#1 non-english). ComicWalker will publish literally anything as long as it's isekai.

Dex-chan lover
@Kapow

While this series was being regularly updated, the fall in its score was much faster. (The supposedly Bayesian scoring stuffs the ballot box with 62 scores of 8, so even if the very first real score is 1, the Bayesian result is 7.89.) The author/artist/uploader seems to have lost heart, so now no one is drawn by a new upload as such.

My guess is that the Bayesian score will not fall below 2.85. But, if the updates resume, then something below 2.5 is quite believable.

EDIT: It appears that the prior bias as been increased since the last time that I checked. Now the equivalent of 87 scores of 8 are stuffed into the ballot box along with the first real score, so that the minimal initial result is 7.92.

Dex-chan lover
@Kapow

And now the Bayesian result has increased from 3.00 to 3.01, without readers' entering new scores that would have that effect. That increase has come because the admins have increased the Bayesian bias yet again! Now the equivalent of 97 scores of 8 are added to the real total.

(I hope that no one riots in response.)

Maybe there's an undocumented policy that will keep the lowest-rated entry above 2.99.

why is this rated so low, ive re read this atleast 9x, honestly the sheep mentality is horrible on this site just go read some solo leveling you dim witted sheeps smh.

Dex-chan lover
@Ntfgit123

People have specifically discussed what is wrong with this series in earlier comments. You simply declared that you don't understand their ratings, that you've read it at least nine times, and that those who strongly dislike it must be stupid sheep. In sum, you offer a defense that could be given for any work, no matter how poor it actually were.

Dex-chan lover
@Ntfgit123

You could have responded by addressing the earlier criticisms specifically, or by pointing to what you believe to be the virtues of It's Maka!; but, instead, you've done no more than to insult one person specifically whereas you'd previously insulted a wider group of people.

I don't think that a good defense of Maka is possible; you're certainly not providing one.

Dex-chan lover
@SkyLordOzai

I'm pretty sure that some of the accounts that scored this at 10/10 are special-purpose accounts such that fewer that eighteen people were involved.

Some of those who gave this manga 10/10 were shills, some were prankster-trolls, and probably some were just very odd.

Dex-chan lover
The Bayesian score gas risen from 2.98 to 2.99 without another wack 10/10 rating. That's because, once again, the admins have increased the absurd bias in the formula for the Bayesian score! Now, the equivalent of one hundred scores of 8/10 are stuffed in the ballot box!

Aggregator gang
I somehow managed to get to volume 2, chapter 3. This is such a weird and baffling story that exists. I truly don't understand how it does. I think the idea isn't bad. Some girl moving to Japan and suddenly getting cultured shocked to hell. But this is just bad. It's not like the mother is Japanese. No Japanese customs or ways of living exists in this world's Japan. Everyone speaks English besides like 1 person. Then the story is just nonsensical. So much random stuff is happening and I can't overstate how annoying every character in this is. Not a single character stands out as a decent human. The way everyone talks and whatnot. The MC is obviously meant to be snotty and self-centered, but it's done so badly. But is taken above what it should be, and is just hard to sit through her dialogue. So many character models don't even appear Japanese. They all look so generic. Then you get these random girls that stick out like a sore thumb. I'm assuming they're the friends of the MC or something in the future. But they look weird and look more like something you'd see at some weird boarding school in Portland, Oregon ( The city of crazies)

I truly think this could be an interesting concept. Have someone who was born in another country, but her mother was Japanese, and goes back to Japan, disgruntled and whatnot. Then something like the father dying, with no one being around to take care of her, she has to go live with her mother that she hasn't seen in years and deal with the sudden change of moving to Japan. Especially out in the country with the old values. Whereas before, her snarky and obnoxious attitude was put up with. Here people won't. Kids in school will get over the fact she is a foreigner real quick when they learn of her personality. The teachers and elderly won't show mercy with a disrespectful attitude. Her mother, who tries to be caring for her daughter, also has a limit. But over time she'll start adapting and realizing how ungrateful she had been.

Now let's get into the most obvious and glaring issue of them all... The art. Yeah, this has got to be pretty bad. It took me a chapter or two to figure out what it reminds me of. But the character models all look like some discount Bratz app where you can switch out different clothing picks on an avatar. The face and big head remind me a lot of the weird Yoworld/Yoville game from Facebook. This story regularly uses photos of real-life areas. But superimposes the character model onto it. So you will have real-life people in this story, then just some weird doll looking thing. Everything is put into a black and white filter for some reason. I think this was done so there doesn't need to be any coloring for backgrounds and models. But it gives this weird Noir feeling that does not fit at all with the story. Character models are usually reused. I honestly got the Father and two other characters mixed up at the start and didn't even realize they were separate people tell later on. They also use this awful tactic that you could find on those weird Youtube videos with the robotic voice talking over ( Probably don't know what I am talking about) But they will take the generic model of a character in this story and just enlarge and shrink the model depending on the age of the character, such as the mother. Instead of making a model for a mother character. They just took the MC, changed some random things on the head, then made her a bit bigger than the MC.

Never, have I seen art that is so uncaringly bad like this. Don't get me wrong, They may have actually tried with this. But it feels like they didn't. If the art didn't immediately scare you away, then the story sure will. I'd also like to mention that the cover photo, one of the girls sitting down. Is so misleading. That looks great. But doesn't even come close to the art quality of what the story really has. The MC also just doesn't look like the MC in the picture.

Dex-chan lover
@SovietWeeb

I'd say that you'd stopped at the same point as did I, except that you probably didn't see those chapters in their original inglory. At least in the case of the first chapter (I've not checked the others) there were very substantial revisions, as if to make the story less slap-dash.

Aggregator gang
@Oeconomist Oh god, this was worse before? I'm not kidding. I sent this to my friend and dared him to get to my spot at least. He at first thought it wasn't so bad. But by the time the girl met her mother, he had dropped this.

Dex-chan lover
@SovietWeeb

The first chapter was worse. I saw that the second chapter had been revised, but I did not look very closely at it; so I wouldn't really know whether it were improved. I didn't return to the other chapters at all.

Maka may become the stuff of legend. Perhaps you will speak of it to your great-grandchildren, as you pound your cane on the floor for emphasis.

Users who are viewing this thread