It's Maka! Not Baka!!!

Double-page supporter
I'd rather submit to some CBT than read another word of this garbage... Holy fuck, give me back my sanity.

Dex-chan lover
@MrMcNasty

I once rode in an elevator with two guys who were referring to cognitive-behavior therapy, and calling it “CBT”. I advised them that it would be best not to use those initials, as they had other meaning in the BDSM community. (Indeed, Ms Leather San Diego used to use that same elevator, so it wasn't as if the advice weren't relevant.)

Contributor
@Oeconomist
Earlier this year, the developers of Guilty Gear -STRIVE- held a Closed Beta Test, and the acronym was widely mocked throughout the Fighting Game Community.

An actual screenshot from the official website archives:
ggcbt.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz

Well, that's a kick!

In an era of Unicode, they could at least have abbreviated “closed beta test” as “CβT”, though that still would have provoked some laughter.

I appreciate the datum! I'll have to tell friends about it!

i could only get 2 chapters into this before dropping it NO ONE is likable in this thing the person who wrote this clearly has very deep seeded issues and i honestly hope writing this is helping them get that darkness out of them

but reading this thing is just no and reading the comments it sounds like its not even yuri as it is labeled so uhg

and im not one to normally call out the art of these things as long as every thing looks ok

but this art is just awful

i legit cant think of ANYTHING positive to say about this series

Dex-chan lover
Idk why they're beating the art. The art style is different from what you expect of a manga but it's definitely not trash. Do you know what's trash? The cinematography, paneling, character speech, and pacing. I only read the first chapter so I can't judge the story but, as the first chapter, it already failed to attract my attention.

Funny thing is I can see so many people fitting the overly done stereotypes that this artist is using. It’s basically an author taking stabs at the discontent and self-centered-ness of not just the youth but people of the current day. People are ugly, and funny enough this is very reminiscent of what you see and hear everyday. No one likes looking in the mirror when looking for entertainment.

Art isn't terrible, but feels ... Rough. Hard to tell what you're supposed to be seeing, sometimes. Annnnnd that's the best thing I can say about this. Seriously, just go read ANYTHING else.

Dex-chan lover
Code:
A wild SHILL appears!  It uses absurd scoring.
Code:
It's not very effective…

*To keep this manga from becoming the lowest-rated on MangaDex, someone has now given this thing its thirteenth 10/10, probably with a special-purpose account. Really, though, the shills are only postponing the inevitable.

Bratty jerk raised by single loser dude gets dumped off on stressed alcoholic mother, moving from the austrian ghetto to japanese suberbs.
It sounds terrible. It is terrible. The goddamn school mascot is cthulu. EVERYBODY is gonna get what's comin to them, one way or another.
If we're lucky, there'll be decent character development. If not, well, everybody likes to stare at a good dumpster fire.
Gonna slap a 6/10 on this for now because I actually am amused by it thus far (on ch3 at the moment).
Edit: caught up now. Glad to see mom can dish out the dad-pun burns.

Dex-chan lover
My earlier projection that It's Maka! would have a lower Bayesian score than Mina-sama no Omocha Desu after three further chapters has been borne-out, despite two more absurd 10/10 scores after I made that projection. I don't know that Mina-sama no Omocha Desu was actually the series with the worst Bayesian score, though it had that reputation. In any case, I expect the score of It's Maka! Not baka!!! to continue to decline, at least so long as notices of new chapters attract new readers.

@kenx

I stopped reading It's Maka! Not baka!!! after seven or eight chapters, and have since only been reading the comments and watching the scoring. I've not read Gal Cleaning at all; because, from its description, it seems to be a horrible work by a horrible person. (I've also not read Mina-sama no Omocha Desu at all.)

Users who are viewing this thread