I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 12

Glad to see glasses believing in her enough to leave the resistance group. It’s very clear that they never cared about justice or peace, they just wanted to dethrone her and take her power for themself’s. Otherwise why would they still be trying to go through with their assassination when she’s already fixing things.

Eusto still sucks. I love his “I would have sold my soul to the devil for her to come back to herself” but then when she actually does he has absolutely no trust and is constantly doubting her. It’s really doesn’t make sense. Dude clearly doesn’t know what he wants. If he did he’d be like the others and crying and relieved to see her return.

Ugh I hope that win isn’t drugged. 😱

Hopefully we get more info on the drugging. Seeing as it happened for two years and yet no one realized it? Doesn’t make much sense. Like someone else commented, does this world not have a taste tester? I really hope we get more information and not have it just be an excuse for “plot”. Ironic that Eusto didn’t notice her being drugged and changing for two years, but the moment she becomes herself again then he’s of course noticing and suspicious. Boo you suck Eusto. :p Hope your not part of the
endgame harem.

Thank you for translating this new chapter! It’s been so funny having so many quick updates.

@Alyseb630
I don't think the drugs were slipped into food or drink. It's strongly implied that the Empress took them quite willingly. The shitty duke plied her with vices to weaken her

I feel like the Duke did drug Julia in the medicine or something he gave her...? Idk if she noticed or not, but it made her become crazier as a result so like maybe she didn't??
Also Julia doesn't seem to mention her character in the novel being drugged at all, only the duke did so I'm leaning towards that she didn't know

Thank you for the update!!

The wine!
Something will happen with it?

I just remember how many people dies ..drowned on bathtub..dozed drunk while drinking ...

@Alyseb630
Really? Personally i think it's legit for Eusto and the others to have doubts. He had to see his beloved empress slowly turn into a tyrant, then he spent the last two years begging her to reconsider her stupid decisions and she always ignored or mocked him. Now, three days before a coup d'etat, she suddenly, out of nowhere, returns the woman she was before. It's hella suspicious from the conspirators point of view! If i were one of them, i would think she somehow heard about the conspiracy and now she is trying to save her ass putting all the blame on Duke Fez. But Eusto still loves her, so he is willing to confront her once again and give her a last chance before taking a decision. I think it's fair enough. The maid and the puppy guy were waaaaay too naive in beliving in her immediatly imho.

Dex-chan lover
I really can't feel much sympathy for Eusto. The Empress needed a rescue, instead, he didn't figure out what was even going wrong and just lamely begged.

I get his confusions ... it must be such a slap in the face to see such a drastic change after losing hope over the years...... My heart really goes out to Eusto

Eusto is close to useless and I'm starting to feel bad for him for that; seriously his idea of "do something" is run his mouth and when that failed go straight to execution? If you can gather a whole ass revolutionary group, you can at least plant a spy between the maids or concubines and find out about the drugs quickly, kidnap the Duke and keep him away.... like I can think of several ways just on a sec. Lmao

ok, I am sort of disappointed. Eusto showed that he loved her and was angry with her behavior but a bit of jealousy was slipping off.

@beazacha as I mentioned in my previous comment. His love blinded him. I considered it to be sort of pure, BUT WITHY THIS CHAPTER I can see he was frustrated, annoyed, exhausted BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY getting jealous to see her with many men and allowing herself to enjoy lust. Yes, the emperor, Julia, did wrong in allowing herself to fall that badly, but she is a human. She can't be strong in everything. And, we know that in most cases, people who have a strong front, and lead others need someone who could hear them out and allow them to let all their stress out.

That is why, I totally believe, the duke was able to deceive the emperor. Julia got to her peak. She won many countries and established her empire, but everybody who idolize her didn't pay attention nor care much for her to see that she was going to bee a steeping stone to rest after her exhausted and long journey to make her empire. Too much of everything is bad. This is a good example of the undying love they all got to a point that they saw her as a god. They forgot she was a human and needed people to sup[port her.

Eusto, I am so disappointed.....You were supposed to be the one to be there for her. No matter how many concubines she would have [emperors always have many spouses cuz of political marriages many noble families from other nations and her own would want to take from her], she needed him.

As the person closest to her he really doesn't seem to know her at all, like he only knows what he idolizes. So you're telling me never once he thought her going from an amazing empress to a tyrant one was weird?

He clearly ain't the brains of the rebellion he just follows wtv he thinks is right taking absolutely nothing besides feelings into consideration. See Count Venus is smart, he ain't saying he trusts our empress yet he justs thinks proceeding with the coup makes no sense anymore. And ta-dah the moment he does that everyone starts to talk sht about him like how he is a foreigner and blah blah blah as expected. And surprise surprise Eusto just sits there saying nothing in defence of his comrade.

Contributor
Eusto really is a bad male lead, for various reasons.

It's going to be disappointing to see them together.

Going from an amazing ruler to a tyrant is not strange, power corrupts, and if her transformation was gradual and not overnight, it's plausible people belived that was her true self. Besides that It seems everybody thinks Fez had some magical drug who changes people personality, personally i think It was a simple drug who made her mind foggy and unfocused. He constantly gave her alchool drugs and hot guys to distract her, and she accepted the situation for some reason, maybe she was lonely, she was tired to rule. After all we don't know much about the original empress until now, we just saw her in the others characters memories.

Users who are viewing this thread