I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 16

SGR

Double-page supporter
Well, time for the boring stuff to kick in. Prepare for awkward court romance for the next 50 chapters.

Yes! Finally got Duke Fez. That guy was so annoying. I'm glad the citizens of the empire noticed what the actual problem and who the cause was.

Fed-Kun's army
@Duskins856 Pretty sure she was playing it off as the will of the public to truly show that executing at random wasn't her thing anymore. Its a common ploy to feign disagreement and then go with it. Shifts responsibility to the public rather than her.

Thank you for your work!
Still curious how Yulia doesn't have any side effects after taking drugs for such a long while. She just got off them easily and feels wonderfully; addictions don't work like this. Maybe her body changed after the whole becoming-a-novel-character thing...

Dex-chan lover
The drugs makes no sense in the first place; there's no "turn a people into a tyrant" drug (also it's probably meant in the sense of "substance that has an effect on the body", not in the sense of "addictive substance") and even in a fantasy setting that's one heck of a convenient plot point ... no food taster, doctors, anything either? Her super-competent pseudo-harem couldn't do anything? etcetc.

Also, yeah, your average normal everyday woman just three days into her new life executing a whole bunch of people and (apparently) barely struggling with the decision, that totally makes sense as well. ^^

Rest of chapters are in the translators webpage no idea why they haven't added them to mangadex.

@podi125 That makes sense, I mainly just thought that was amusing how quickly she mentioned about too many deaths, and then ordering them to be executed.

@Pyoro Yeah K-novels that use the drug excuse for tyranny never made much sense to me either.

I'm guessing for this particular case, the drug was kinda like a date-r*pey kind of drug which would explain the harem of men that the duke sent her. But like u said, you'ld have to continuously drug her or she'll wake up from that high. And not to mention, if she was drugged for 2 whole years, she wouldn't just be saying yes to the duke, but to everyone. Her reputation wouldnt be a tyrant, it'll be as an incompetent emperor who only knows how to fight

Fed-Kun's army
@pyoro drugs can change one's neurochemistry and behaviourism/rational thought. also, its more like she was a tyrant bc she was neglectful, leaving duties to corrupted people and not stopping them from executing/jailing ppl without her permission. to me, the drugs make sense bc its not a lot of the tyrancy came from what shes done, but more of what she hasnt done (like treat people fairly, do her duties, watch over the empire rather than letting others take charge). though, if drugs isnt a good excuse, i think she implied there was another trigger for her behaviour, past drugs.

Finally, the fact she was drugged has been brought to light! (^∇^)ノ♪( /^ω^)/♪♪

Users who are viewing this thread