I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for picking this up!
That last arc dragged on way longer then it needed to, hope next one will be more interesting

nah cause that's great that she figured it out early on (to live as the empress instead of as a weird placeholder) before actual disaster strikes. i'm so excited to see how it'll turn out esp as MC does her best to be a good ruler. cyril is.. awooga... head empty only simp

thank you for the update y'all!! take it easy <3

Honestly i cant see this going right but i guess that is what makes it a story. If a liege recalled the hereditary right of their vassals i am sure they wouldn't survive another month.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I wonder where will this story end?

So our Empress is actually going to be working to potentially end hereditary succession and possibly become a more meritocratic system of governance. Not necessarily meritocracy, but one where people of common birth can potentially have social mobility.

... Why does this remind me of Fire Emblem Three Houses? Like, this is pretty much what Edelgard wanted.

Dex-chan lover
I still think that keeping Eusto close to her is a mistake. The guy is so self righteous that the moment she does something he doesn't like again, he'll try to kill her. She should've sent him off somewhere very far away after the whole assasination plot was resolved.

@Richman
I wonder too.
So far I think it'll end once she accomplishes becoming a good ruler (gaining the trust of her subjects, truly unifying the areas under he rule, and causing the country to flourish and rise. I think that's the main focus) and once she and the dark haired guy become a thing (I think it'll be a slow kind of romance that progresses along the story on the side).

@Istvan90623

I think it's great she's keeping him by her side, she shouldn't think about herself since she's the ruler, she should think about the country as a whole, since he's a self righteous man, If she ever loses herself and become corrupt he'll be able to put an end to it by killing her.

She already gained his trust back and it's slowly progressing, from what we've seen from his actions before he's not the type to just rashly kill because he didn't like something, he'll probably ask her about her actions and try to understand her decisions, and before, it took him a lot of time to finally make a move and attempt a rebellion, so if she ever does something again, it'll take more than one incident for him to move, since he's self righteous, he wouldn't overthrow or kill her without definite proof that she's corrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread