J<->M - Ch. 1 - This Can’t Be Happening!!!

Fed-Kun's army
wohooo thanks for the TL!

damn, I‘ve missed this mangaka

Dex-chan lover
Reading this felt like coming home. I know Otake Masao will write peak once more.

Thank you for the translation (when J said "Norway," I felt that).

No, I was sarcastic. Though I didn't even read it. Also, next time, don't call people retarded for not wanting to read something so long?
To be fair not reading something with 63 pages because it's "too long" is really rare, not to assume stuff about you but your attention span must be dangerously bad, can't blame someone who actaully took the time to read it for making a joke about it, it's actaully pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair not reading something with 63 pages because it's "too long" is really rare, not to assume stuff about you but your attention span must be dangerously bad, can't blame someone who actaully took the time to read it for making a joke about it, it's actaully pretty good.
My attention span is actually bad, you're not wrong on that part. I just like to read short page mangas usually like 30 - 40, I don't usually see like 50 or 60 pages that common.

Though I did read it like a few days ago, for me, it just really isn't to my taste which is why I didn't read it to begin with a long with how there is not much jokes, which my attention span cannot take either; so I just didn't wanna read it.
I still think calling someone "Retarded" for not reading something is still a bit too much.

So, our assassin didn't graduate from school, works HARD on creating and maintaining a hard-boiled image, and can be just as cold as Agent 47. This is gonna be a weird story, even by gender bender standards.
As xironi said, it's a funny pairing bc in a number of ways he's as or more immature than Megumi is. J never had a normal childhood, so the way he cultivates his image is in a very superficial childlike way. Megumi acts very mature for her age and seems to handle the revelations about J's work too easily, but then she loafs around with snacks/manga/romper and doesn't want to switch back simply bc she doesn't have to listen to her mom nag or go to school anymore.

PS: ハードボイルド :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
"Norway!"

3ce74m.png

No, I was sarcastic. Though I didn't even read it. Also, next time, don't call people retarded for not wanting to read something so long?
ngl you deserve to be called retarded if you can't fathom reading 60 pages of mostly images with some text. Hit the books some more, reading is good for you. By the time you finish middle school hopefully you'll realize that.

Dex-chan lover
ngl you deserve to be called retarded if you can't fathom reading 60 pages of mostly images with some text. Hit the books some more, reading is good for you. By the time you finish middle school hopefully you'll realize that.
This isn't 60 pages, it's literally 40 and I just said I didn't want to read it at that time. I already finished middle school but I don't think you have with a name like that.

My attention span is actually bad, you're not wrong on that part. I just like to read short page mangas usually like 30 - 40, I don't usually see like 50 or 60 pages that common.

Though I did read it like a few days ago, for me, it just really isn't to my taste which is why I didn't read it to begin with a long with how there is not much jokes, which my attention span cannot take either; so I just didn't wanna read it.
FWIW only the first chapter is that long, the subsequent ones are about 30 pages. This is the same author as Hinamatsuri, so it's going to be a mix of drama and situational humor more-so than cracking actual jokes.

For example, the 2nd chapter features the absurdity of:
Megumi agreeing to do 3 hits in a single day, yet Mama expects Megumi home by dinner. So J is forced to sprint around town on a kid's bike with helmet for safety, in a mad dash to finish all the contracts. Because nobody ever wants to get on Mama's bad side! /s

Dex-chan lover
FWIW only the first chapter is that long, the subsequent ones are about 30 pages. This is the same author as Hinamatsuri, so it's going to be a mix of drama and situational humor more-so than cracking actual jokes.

For example, the 2nd chapter features the absurdity of:
Megumi agreeing to do 3 hits in a single day, yet Mama expects Megumi home by dinner. So J is forced to sprint around town on a kid's bike with helmet for safety, in a mad dash to finish all the contracts. Because nobody ever wants to get on Mama's bad side! /s
The 2nd chapter sounds interesting enough, that I'll probably read if I ever remember this manga does exist.

30 pages, that is something I can get around to reading cause my short attention span. Though I don't read drama mangas maybe that's why ^^"

Also, I had no clue what Hinamatsuri, had to google to see what it was. lol

The main inspiration for this so far seems to be John Wick, but after a recent discussion elsewhere, I wonder if it's also loosely inspired by the movie Leon: The Professional. Since that one also features a story about an assassin with little schooling who ends up teaching a young girl about the trade. Although if it is an inspiration, I hope it's only at a very superficial level, because the rest of that movie was kinda disturbing. Especially if you read about the cut scenes that were supposed to be in it...

Probably a stretch though, as the author's previous work also featured "odd couple" dynamics between an adult man and a younger girl. So he's probably just sticking with what works.

Users who are viewing this thread