Jashin-chan Dropkick - Ch. 256 - Jashin-chan Sauna Club 2

Dex-chan lover
Oh, Pekora’s experiences and this whole chapter as a whole perfectly remind me of those youth situations when your attempts to relax and unwind are hopelessly dashed by a meeting with happy and hanging out friends. It's always quite difficult for introverts to be friends with a group of extroverts.

P.S. Oh May, tsundere Pekora...

Peko drinks beer? idk if angels are suppose to do that.
wonder if their ever gonna address heaven still has the fallen angels on their kill list.
Lierre could take them back to heaven at any time, but still doesnt do it.

dang we still never seen if minos has pointy demon ears or not.

Dex-chan lover
As much as Pekora deserves a break, some part of me can't help but feel like her internalized bigotry towards demons holds her back a lot. She's almost the opposite of Jashin-chan, in a way -- while our favorite jerk snek takes advantage of her friends to an excess, Pekora's pride keeps her from doing it enough. I feel like things would get better for her a lot sooner if she'd make herself available (and thus her vulnerabilities/needs) to those who'd be very willing to help her with her life situation, regardless if they're angels or demons. Minos obviously just being one such example of a genuinely good person.

There's a cautionary tale in all that. And I hope the whole "status quo is god" thing doesn't keep her suffering forever.

Dex-chan lover
DPHvT9K.png

Dex-chan lover
As much as Pekora deserves a break, some part of me can't help but feel like her internalized bigotry towards demons holds her back a lot. She's almost the opposite of Jashin-chan, in a way -- while our favorite jerk snek takes advantage of her friends to an excess, Pekora's pride keeps her from doing it enough. I feel like things would get better for her a lot sooner if she'd make herself available (and thus her vulnerabilities/needs) to those who'd be very willing to help her with her life situation, regardless if they're angels or demons. Minos obviously just being one such example of a genuinely good person.

There's a cautionary tale in all that. And I hope the whole "status quo is god" thing doesn't keep her suffering forever.
But that's the thing about the characters in this manga: they're all flawed in some way, some pretty seriously. Jashin is sloth incarnate, Yurine is wrathful, Pekora is prideful, Medusa is a doormat, and so on. There are no truly /good/ characters.
Except Persephone II. She's innocent.

Last edited:

i thought that was odd cuz im pretty sure she has not said that in many many chapters. like she has happily done lots of activities since the last time shes said that. shes even watched her other angels get friendly with a demon and smiles at them like she believes its really wholesome. so i thought she was past that already

Dex-chan lover
I want to go to sauna. I need to establish my own sauna club.

Thank you for the translation.

Supporter
I loved this chapter, the last panel was great, "I should have spent my time alone"... Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread