Jiisama ga Iku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The old man who has been summoned

Whoops i just died because im not careful enough.
God : sorry, its my mistake you are not supposed to die, u are human so i must apologize to you, what about dogeza is it cool?

Dunno why but seems like god is a joke in japan, maybe even less than a human.

Dex-chan lover
@adhe1578 Its only right to apologize when you make a mistake. The position of god is one of great responsibility.

How should the god act? There are plenty who didn't apologize but those are generally not good gods.

Would you not respond as such if you caused someones death due to a mistake?

@bufu12 Yeah. It seems that this manga came from an LN so they probably crammed too much stuff into the first chapter so the pacing is a bit weird. Hope it gets better

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy 1, i would still read it and enjoy it. 2, The old man is a very large difference.

You see the main character of a story can change it irregardless of the plot. The feeling you get watching some psycho go through this is different to a saint. Just like the feeling of an old man is different to that of a child.

If the MC is a drag the story gets less enjoyable even if its otherwise good. The MC is a big part of a story like this. Characters matter.

Also final point, this is just plain good so far. Its a solid entry into the Isekai genre. Stop thinking of things and tropes and cliche and rather story elements. All stories are made up of the same things and its how you do them that makes a story good or bad.

Just look at the various shounen being made and you can see that the difference between the great ones and the not great ones is almost paper thin when you boil it down. The difference in quality however is drastic even when both share similar art levels and such.

It's so refreshing. Grandpa is so nice and easy going. Good execution for the start.

The God is nicer, rather than close his mistakes without trace, he gives an old normal human like grandpa what he wants instead.

Aggregator gang
I know this won't end up as a harem or probably even have any romance, but still I hope this MC does end up with a harem or something.

@Merilirem i understand if he died from an accident, maybe if he died because of truck or flying pot.

But dying because someone murder u and calling it god mistake?? Give me a break please.

Its like u tell everyone that making human is a mistake.

Aggregator gang
That's specist against bears. Just because they're carnivores means they deserve to die while prancy little deer get to skip off because they commit genocide to plants that can't express their dissatisfaction towards us humans? Disgusting.

Aggregator gang
You know what I fucking hate in Isekai the most. It's the weird low tech level in the other worlds. Like what the fuck has no one in the world ever tried mixing vinegar and eggs before, mayonnaise isn't even appreciated in our world that much yet it's seen as a god like feat. What's the next Isekai cliche? is hollandaise sauce the next condiment that is treated as a gift from the gods.

So far this is nothing special it's every generic troupe crammed packed into one chapter. The only fucking difference is that their is an old man as the main character and nothing else. I swear you could make a fucking check box of generic shit and this chapter would fit the bill. 1. Introduce God and he made a mistake 2. Give protagonist a broken ability that makes him special 3. Introduce heroine being attacked by thugs or monsters and so on. At least there is no stupid video game stats that makes you lose all tension in the fight because the bad guy either has overwhelmingly strong stats or the hero is so strong because his number is so big

Contributor
@MarijnLJP
Hey there, I don't know if you're with the group but there's some mistranslation from the 1st page that brought my attention as the dialogue doesn't follow the context.
I don't know about the rest as I can't check everything since I don't know most of the kanji from the RAW and I would need more time just to try to identify them.

Page 1:
-"Takumi still hasn't come back from school..."
The accurate translation is actually: "That Takumi, even though he's in Junior High, he's still..."
The meaning here, judging by the context, is the young Takumi, even though he's in junior high school, he's still need someone to keep watch while he's in the toilet (like when you heard a scary story and can't go to the toilet alone).

Users who are viewing this thread