Jiisama ga Iku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The old man who has been summoned

Group Leader
@KN-XIII

I'm not the translator(I do all the editing stuff) but if you have any question you can ask the translator directly on his site:
http://radlane.netne.net/

He posts the text translations and you can comment on the translations.

I asked Lainrad(the translator) just now and he answered this:

"It's actually "Oh that takumi, though he's in junior high now, he's got a long way to go", but the thing is, it got me a bit frustrated that it's out of context (the thing is 'madamada' has a wide range of meanings, but 'has a long way to go' about sums it up), like in what way he's got a long way to go, or what is the old man's worried about, so I tried to make this particular phrase more relatable in this particular situation." (copy and pasted from Lainrad).

Ugh I don't have anything against it, I really want to follow it but fucc Im french and 2x more hard to understand him aaaaaaaand he is the goddamn MC but I'll try!

Double-page supporter
Story feels completely rushed, despite having so much potential with an old man as the lead character.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if they try and ship the elf girl with MC due to the fact elves live for a long time.

Also at least with an old man as the mc we can look forward to hopefully more wise and forward thinking from or protagonist. Unlike other isekais where the protag makes back to back stupid decisions.

Other than the way too fast pacing, pretty good chapter. At least we all have the predictable boring part of most beginnings out of the way and we'll be able to see quickly if the manga can hold up its quality.

Double-page supporter
Even though it says he reincarnated, it is more like he transmigrated as he wasn't exactly reborn. Sucks to be forever old.

Double-page supporter
Looks really promising so far! Love how this manga skimmed past all the predictable beginning all Isekais have, and having an old man as an MC is really refreshing, especially since he’s more unlikely to make stupid decisions. Hopefully the translations come out at a pace as fast as the first chapter! Good work translators

Aggregator gang
What a chill grampa, and he didn't turn into some teenager or somebody in his 20's like the other isekais.

Dex-chan lover
Uhm, where did the old man get so much tea? Have I missed something? Did he just grew that much tea off-screen in a day?

@adhe1578 - I think the god apologized for pulling the old man's soul out of his world, thus denying him any chance of revival or any afterlife the old man would have got. For a young boy, an opportunity to live on in a different world and be a hero may be apology enough, but that isn't necessarily as good an offer to an old man.

@Aretheus - The bear attacked the old man, it was legitimate self-defense. The deer did not attack the old man (it was too busy bleeding to death), so it got spared. This old man even let the goblins live.

@flannan I guess, it was among the things the old man asked Ithril . There is evidently an unseen part between the moment he promises him languages etc. and him being paused by how detailed old man's requests are.
You can see before the scene at the guild, that while aligning things in his inventory, gramps uses the 'Asao tea planter' skill - it most probably is a tea-producing skill.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan Looks like either his inventory acts like a tea plantation or he had some offscreen use of his "tea plantation skill" that filled his inventory for him.

Group Leader
This series is my cup of tea.

The first translated sentence makes absolutely zero sense though. Thanks @KN-XIII for clearing that bad translation up.

As for the “noise”...the proper term would be compression artifacts. I honestly wouldn’t even bother with it, as most techniques would also end up eliminating and smooth other details you’d otherwise want to still keep. I’d look for higher quality raws or just buy them outright straight to get the best possible quality.

@Harry_Dong The first sentence has been cleared up already, I thought it was gate or something, and the thing the old man was saying didn't make sense to me, so I changed it. I'm sorry, my mistake.
And about the quality of raws - it's original alphapolis quality, so scanning the paper volume might be the only way to improve it any further.

Dex-chan lover
@adhe1578 Yeah the mistake was killing him. God mean't to kill his grandson. Ok maybe not kill but god was atleast waiting for the grandson to die. This was not "in the cards" for this old man or his grandson. The god messed up and now they have to trade places. The child was clearly the one destined or suited to the role. Now instead he will live a normal life while a man at the end of his shoulders whatever burden had been intended by said god.

Double-page supporter
LOVELY.
This is such good idea, not that I dislike younger MCs but an older one is always a treat.
It's almost like they have this magical way of behaving that seems virtuous even among the most common events.

Users who are viewing this thread