Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - God Mistake

Power Uploader
1467926655952.jpg

I mean let's see how it goes, but that translation...

With the acknowledgment that English is not the TL's native language: it's dogshit nonsense for about 50% of the pages. I know you said you want to do these alone, but might I suggest working with a temporary editor for a while so you can get a better grasp of how to put the words together?

Dex-chan lover
been waiting for this. the novel translation only have 3 chapter.sad TT_TT

Ungrateful brat, only know to complains on free stuff. Did you paid the translator and scanlator? Having this is better than none.

Better to have none than having manga bastardized by some idiots who decided that google is fine too and not having even basic understanding of English.

Dex-chan lover
If you're going to translate something into English, how about you actually learn English first? I mean, wouldn't that be beyond common sense? Why would anyone even waste their own and everyone else's time, unless they were too developmentally challenged to walk down this extremely obvious avenue of logic?

I'll try to help him out with the editing for this chapter, may take me awhile since I am busy for the next few hours however. And even though it was very broken English, I was still able to understand the gist of what was being conversed. It's also not the worst translation I've seen by a long shot either.
@rugid he tried, albeit he did fail, and I don't think it was just google translate. It had better continuity than that does.

edit: I'll pm him it so it doesn't take up this entire comment section.

Even if this was a straight Japanese -> English translations, I still don't think it would be this bad. I feel like this was a Machine translation with little to no editing at all for the proper western readers. Honestly, I would rather just read the raws and infer from the context of the page as to what is happening rather than reading a poor machine translated one; I feel like majority of people agree and only a small portion of the "be grateful you are getting anything free" mentality will want this. You only get better at translations as you go along and obviously understand and learn the language, but you will need an editor to heavily alter the work.

Group Leader
It seems like I have to work on english much more, other than is there any issue ?
I did try to redraw ... but few of them are hard

@DhruboZ Honestly redrawing should be the least of your worries. For first-time translations, getting an accurate, proper translation that is able to flow grammatically and that follows the original intention should be main priority. Redraws can be looked over if you aren't a "professional" team. In my opinion it should be Translation > Proofreading > Editing > Cleaning > Typesetting > Quality Check. Editing can technically be after typesetting, but for a first-timer, it should follow this format. You can exclude Cleaning and Typesetting for the meantime and focus primarily on Translation, proofreading it, editing it, and then a final quality check before upload.

Users who are viewing this thread