Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Why can't he just say that he doesn't want to marry? He managed to overcome lust. It's just bothersome that he still can't say he's not interested in flesh anymore...~

Aggregator gang
this manga got so shitty right after that other dude from japan was introduced smh. Like why is sansui marrying that girl , it seems like he'd be fine just being her friend. Sansui is such a blank fucking slate and the other kid is just full on stereotype. Idk man. Thank you to the translators and team etc for working on this shit, i'm out lmao

Dex-chan lover
I don't get what anyone is complaining about. I quite dug Brauer staying persistent with her push to marry Sansui. You usually don't see that stuff with "devoted servant" archetypes, and it's on the rarer half as far as isekai love interests are concerned.

And on the subject of isekai, I don't see Sansui being a blank slate or "beta cuck", whatever the hell that means. He's a sage. Like...this is literally a trait of sages. They're long-lived, and perhaps consequentially, they've purged their desires and ego.
Sansui has the sort of mental state that many religious monks strive for, with absolute patience, indifference, and humility.

Granted, he could've been a lot more creative with his power, skills, and position, but that's why he's the "boring Sword Saint".

It will be the ultimate twist if they married, well probably not gonna happen from the story until now. It will just became Mc:ehh and brauer:ehh. until ch40 or someting

Dex-chan lover
Add to what @Psychronia has said, MC also humbled by the fact that he's still far from catching up to his master
He's a sage, but he's also a novice. The humility is natural. Any arrogant inclination wouldn't be possible since Sansui has been put in his place for 500 years.

MC also has no strong desires, and the only reason why he's even there is for Rain. If nothing actually ties him down to the outer world, he'd just go back to his master to train again. If there's any overarching plot right now, it's probably this. His marriage would be important for moving things forward.

Now as for the other isekai'd boy, he's to serve as a foil - a counterpart - complete with isekai-harem-protagonist tropes. I think he's been a terrible inclusion so far. He's just too convenient.

@brokenglish
Because their mistress is pairing them up together. She was calling it off out of consideration for Brauer, but the twist was that she didn't mind that he was old, and she actually wants to get married to him.

He has no reason to marry that chick and he is not interested in her in that way anyway so why is she even thinking he is the one who is going to propose. If anything it would be more her responsibility to propose. And he doesnt have a reason to accept tho, but usually I see protagonists are just the go with the flow type who don't say no and just say yes, sure why not. So I feel like because he "doesn't have a reason not to" he will prob end up marrying her. And if this turns out to be a harem novel at some point he'll marry like 5 other people lel.( don't mind me, just kinda confused because they haven't given any real/significant reason for him to marry her, and I don't think because she loves him is a legit reason. It'd have to be both loving each other but he's a sage so ya don't think so. And his daughter or whatever doesn't need a mother figure and even then doesn't mean he would have to marry her. Just venting here don't mind me.)😤

Contributor
I've actually come around to being okay with the idea of the protagonist and Brauer getting married.

Yet then again, I would be a little weirded out if they suddenly started acting romantically afterwards.

Still, they seem like they'd make a nice mom and dad; as a comfortable odd-couple family it totally checks out. They don't have to get married to do that, but I don't think it would hurt anyone.

Group Leader
Please note that our release of the next chapter will be delayed a few weeks due to Deer A being on vacation. We'll probably have it out in early July.

Dex-chan lover
Getting married for no reason other than because he's told to, spending his time being bossed around. I think story would feel normal if the characters and relationships were fleshed out, and they at least looked like they were friends each other. They seem like strangers to me. For example, I don't remember mc ever having a full conversation or 1 on 1 activity with his adopted daughter. The longest was her yelling a few lines at him about her name.

He needs to tell her that he isn’t interested in her in a romantic way bruh. I hate when the mcs don’t bluntly tell the female interest that he isn’t interested in her like that.

Users who are viewing this thread