Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Heronia is annoying af in this alternate world as well. How boring. Also that bird looks fucking creepy. Thank you for scanlating!! Can't wait for the next chapter!

For a moment there I really thought this was the first time skip chapter. It even uses similar (if not the same) image composition in the first 2 pages. Then I realized our Bertia isn't that chubby and the rest of the pieces fell into place. The rest of the chapter left a similar impression at times, with the obvious difference of showing the original plot of the game. Not what I want to see, but certainly an interesting chapter nonetheless.

Group Leader
@megaman12321

Otome villaness novels are nothing like real otomes

For starters real otomes dont have Villanesses nor do they take place in noble society 99 percent of the time

Why would someone want to play a game where you play as a homewrecker

Most of there tropes are taken from soap operas and old school shoujos

Dex-chan lover
I think his twisted personality in this alternate timeline is because he grew up without the help of his "chosen maiden". Having only met "her" after his sadistic robotics rooted itself in place.
Whereas, in our original story, he's been dealing with Bertia since adolescence. So his personality wasn't seeped in soulless calculation.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm disappointed. When I saw the raws, I thought he was fooling the bird spirit and was fully aware of this charade/alternate universe that the stupid spirit is showing him but the ending shows he isn't aware of anything...Honestly, this manga isn't much at all but I've invested time in it so I want to see it end. It's not even about how cliché otome games are, I love this genre when done right. I don't even mind the cliché "fiancé breaks up engagement" thing but then something needs to attract my attention such as the MC doing her own thing, the MC saying love ain't worth shit and pursuing her dreams or the MC actively trying to change her fate.
This has none of that. She is a blandass MC that whines and acts stupid 90% of the time and acts like an angsty character the rest of the time. She has nothing going for her and she isn't interesting at all. The prince isn't any better if I'm being honest but usually otome games focus on the female MC so she makes or breaks the whole thing

Like many other people I just can’t like how the original story was supposed to go. Like there are moments here that we saw in the earlier chapters and it makes the scenes here seem disingenuous.
When he saw her running around with the bird he was put off by it and honestly it made sense with his character so to see it here makes it look entirely out of character for him to be intrigued. Like even if it was Berita doing them I can’t see him being intrigued by any of Heroina’s actions. If anything he would be put by or confused by them. It makes me think that in the original otome he was brainwashed.

Aggregator gang
So even in the original it was mostly due to the bird's influence. I think they mentioned something like that before, because it has some sort of 'charm' magic

So even in the original timeline, he didn't actually love her. Man, what a scary game.

Thanks for the new chapter!

I- I thought that was the real timeline...

Crap I almost had a heart attack because it's been so long and I forgot that he's somehow just recalling his "game life??". Man that was a big *Phew* when I realised this was just in his memories.

Love that the chapter succeeded in making most (if not all) readers just hop on the CecilxBertia train more and just made me feel absolutely disgusted by the original otome game plotline to basically justify all the changes made (accidentally) by Bertia (and Cecil) for a better life for them overall. Good job. Great storytelling right there.

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93 I don't think the bird is doing an 'illusion' but rather trying to rewrite his memories to fit the way the events are 'supposed to be' in the game. So I think the prince legit has to try and fight brainwashing at this point.

@theilikepie
Actually, one of the first ever otome series had rivals! It's called Angelique and in its later games, the rival went from villainness to possibly friend route (or even as a playable character.) You are right though, most of these Otome villianess novels definitely lean more towards old school shoujo and dramas.

Users who are viewing this thread