JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World

@Solistars Demographics are decided by the publisher, so it's Seinen as long as it's published in a Seinen magazine or the publisher says it is.

fascinating and realistic worldbuilding... chiba is getting on my nerves like crazy though. he's a bona fide delulu

Just learned that Seven Seas has gotten the license for this.
https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2021/02/27/survival-with-a-smirk-seven-seas-licenses-jk-haru-is-a-sex-worker-in-another-world-mature-rated-manga-series-ghost-ship-imprint/

This is a (relatively) realistic isekai. It's dark and depressing, without much hope...but she keeps trying her best. It's emotionally draining, and I wouldn't call it hentai (unless you're into some crazy shit). I feel despair just reading about Haru...

Dex-chan lover
I've been avoiding this one since the synopsis and demographic were a brew for a shitty hormonated sexy story like usually these mangas are, but this one is definetly cut from another cloth. It's grounded and characters behave like people rather than walking tropes for the public satisfaction. The background is quite despressing but is not drama for drama's sake. If you can bear the mc's background and reason of being, it's quite good.

I as a guy thought that I would be able to understand woman well, but this manga taught me wrong. I now admire woman in this kind of job for their courage and perserverence. Hardships that woman go through that I would not be able to imagine at all.

This story is an eye-opening experience for me. Thank you translator for bringing forth such a good manga.

@Trawr bruh u can get documentary of why women do prostitution and their reasons
I know women need money to survive but their are other jobs women can do
This manga is trash because 1. good story because its about prostitution and sex nobody cant ignore that and I tried to dropped it but no gave me PTSD 😰
2. art style is massive good and thumbnail its a innocent girl smile caught me of guard 😱
3. abuse women which i personally hate (Im a male btw)😡
4. Haru art like a normal person and cute like my waifu Hori from (horimiya) got treated like this

Also light novel readers out there just give me the ending of the novel I WANT TO END MY MISERY

@m7sn_al3ali
Haru is the strongest character next to the Demon King since she has the ability to get a special ability from any guy she sleeps with... She actually massacres the Garrison Guards that raped her friend to death and the Demon Army that tried to capitalize the loss of the guards to attack the city... And she ends up falling in love with the Demon King... Granted she stays in the city and the brothel... It's still kinda open-ended with the 3rd Volume... I haven't read any other additional work yet though by the Author on the Web Novel... So someone who is more up to date can take it from there

I’m blowed away from how good this manga is, I now have much more respect to women in these type of shitty situations doing this job.

@Hotkuto Holy shit is that true? How come she didn't know she had these abilities until that point? I'm abit upset that she could have done something to stop what you mentioned had she known earlier. Please tell me which chapter of the novel did the current translation stop at.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Trawr
Shes' had the ability since around the beginning of the story, god was her first costumer and gave her the ability then. She has known about the ability ever since god gave it to her. The ability is that Haru gains the exp, and skills of the guy that cums inside of her. It take a little while but after a guy cums in her she'll get some fanfair telling her what skills she's gotten and when she gained a new level so it's impossible for her not to know. Haru decided not to use her overpowered skill because she can't become adventure without a man and she can't team up with a man without healing skills because only girls have those. She also thought that if she fought back against any of the rough costumers they would cause trouble for the brothel.
The current translated chapter stopped near the middle end of chapter 7, the whole kick the can arc is chapter 7

Double-page supporter
Actually picked up the Novel for one of these series and have to say I am a bit disappointed.
I actually thought the setting of her having to navigate live in another World without any Special Skills interesting. Turns out she's just another OP Isekai MC.😑
Haven't finished reading and certainly will, but still a bit of a bummer.

@Trawr
The Novel Published from J-Novel is around 12-14 Chapters If I remember correctly... I'm Not sure if there are 12-13 Chapters of the Main Story and 1 Bonus/ Extra Chapter for World Building... There's also the "Summer" Novel published during 2019 that I haven't read yet... There's also some other chapters that are kinda drafts in some fanfic.net-esque Japanese website by the Author that I haven't read as well... I'm not sure if the "Summer" Novel was already translated but the Proto Chapters aren't translated to English of course...
One of the Chapters in the Published Novel explains the first customer she had being "God" and giving her the ability to get more abilities from guys who cum inside her... So... Technically... She knew since then of her powers... It's just the Readers who don't know how OP she really is until you get to that Chapter about the Garrison Guards...
The Next Arc is about the Garrison Guards if I remember right...

Users who are viewing this thread