JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 12 Ch. 48 - Tubular Bells Part 1

Dex-chan lover
lmao these people in the comment section are definitely discord moderators

also starting to like Lucy, reminds me of another Joestar

You guys are overreacting. Obviously we don't support pedophilia, we just don't complain about it when it's in fiction. Of course it's wrong. This story takes place in a f*cked up time where that was normal. What did you expect? Reminds me of that time my art teacher got mad at me for portraying a cigarette in one of my drawings. I don't support smoking nicotine, but it exists regardless, and I'm GOING to portray it when it should be portrayed. As with pedophilia in this scenario.

In short: No. Neither me or anyone else here support pedophilia. We support the portrayal of it in fiction, not because we "like" it, but because it's a real thing that exists and has existed since the beginning

Another thing to clarify: Steel Ball Run doesn't SUPPORT pedophilia, it NORMALIZES it, which is a good artistic choice since it was normal during the time it took place.

This comment section is chaotic af, I'm here to say my 2 cents:
I don't know why araki choose for lucy to be an underage but we still can't deny that she's a realistic character because this was a normal thing back in this age.
araki never made any pedophilic themes like these before so I think that he has a good reason to do so, but if I were in his place I would just throw this whole underage thing out of the window and make lucy a proper adult.

EDIT:
I take it back, If you're confused look at the following volume's cover
Araki got problems, until I find out that he made a written apology or talked about it in an interview araki got problems.

This comment section is chaotic just like what they said but anyways Stan Lucy for a clearer skin 🕊

Me: "Oh man! Over 80 comments! I bet many people are moved by that Johnny and Gyro scene like I was, such a nice character development for Johnny! Or impressed of how determinated Lucy is to help her husband, you go girl! Or how progressive Araki is by showing a woman trying to seduce another woman!"

Reality: People applying the modern concept of "Child's Rights" in a manga that happens on an age where Modern Child's Rights didn't existed.

Me: "Oh......... ...."

Pedophilia is wrong. This comic here isn't pedophilia. It's just the portrayal of the norm 130 years ago. However much we may be displeased, we cannot ignore the fact that these type of things happened at that time period. History books talk about Rape and Pedophilia too, but that does not meat it condones them. I hope I could make myself clear, and let us all be clear of any misunderstanding.

oh.. so we weren't talking about that moment between johnny and gyro?? we weren't all thinking about how beautiful it was?? that's not why the comments are so high?? oh, alright, i'll just go..

anywho i just love this guy's stand power. it's just so funny to me. just imagine a mf pulls up on you, pulls out a balloon, blows it up and then the balloon dog just starts attacking you 💀💀💀god, i love araki's mind.

So this mans ability is to make balloon animals out of metal, and they can trace scents? alright seems solid enough

man im dissapointed in the jojo fanbase. this was the norm way back then. Lets just change history why dont we?

Kinda sad that Johnny gave away the corpse parts. Tho I cant wait for this arc to be animated.

Wth that's such a specific ability lmao.

The first lady is a lesbian? In the 1800s? Ironic.

MFW i remember that Lucy is 14

Users who are viewing this thread