Jun Waidan - Vol. 4 Ch. 15 - In my next life, I'll be born healthy, so at that time, please let us be together

Dex-chan lover
On some level I think he wanted her to go. He knew he was dying and didn't want to drag her down with him.
Yes, exactly. He thought she'd hurt more if she understood his true feelings, and she withdrew when he implied he didn't love her. Not sure he made the right decision, but that's what makes it an interesting read.

1st & 15th stories are by far the best of what we've seen so far...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On some level I think he wanted her to go. He knew he was dying and didn't want to drag her down with him.
Obviously. He sacrificed himself for the wrong woman. But if she was worth anything as a person she would have come back.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This story does nothing for me. She is a terrible person to ghost her "supposed" best friend who is terminally ill during chieldhood for 5 fucking years due to some misunderstanding in her own head that he might not like her back? Forget romance, he was your closest friend for a long while. She deserves no sympathy which makes the entire story miss its mark. She didn't even flinch when she heard his death but breaks down completely as soon as she gets the validation that he did indeed liked her back. What a selfish prick. Hopefully dude finds someone better in the next life.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Little did she know, his disease is Cootie overdose, and it is exacerbated by kisses from a girl!

A boob reveal would instantly kill him, and he got so close to death, but his sense of survival won out in the end, in a very close match.

Dex-chan lover
This story does nothing for me. She is a terrible person to ghost her "supposed" best friend who is terminally ill during chieldhood for 5 fucking years due to some misunderstanding in her own head that he might not like her back? Forget romance, he was your closest friend for a long while. She deserves no sympathy which makes the entire story miss its mark. She didn't even flinch when she heard his death but breaks down completely as soon as she gets the validation that he did indeed liked her back. What a selfish prick. Hopefully dude finds someone better in the next life.
Somebody's Stories of Sexual Experience That You Don't Want to Sympathize With

Though we have no way of knowing, it's possible that he never again reached out to her, either, never again called or wrote. Since he seems to have deliberately pushed her away, it might be reasonable to assume that's the case.

I say this not to defend her, but to point out that there are two narratives present here, one explicit, the other implied. The explicit concerns a girl who withdrew from her terminally ill friend when he refused to reciprocate her affection, the other a dying boy who pushed away his best friend in order to spare her feelings. If you set aside the need to determine who was right or wrong, good or bad, the contrast between the two is still interesting and rather poignant. He got what he wanted in giving her what he thought she needed, but at what cost? Shades of O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi"...

Some stories depend on the reader's identification with a protagonist whom they consider to be a "good person". Others don't. I believe this is of the latter sort, and for me, it works quite well as such.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who just went "uh..." at the way their romance collapsed.

Just because he didn't want to see her boobs and wouldn't say he loved her or commit to a romantic relationship with her, she never again visited her dying childhood friend for the remaining 5 years of his life. I guess she compared being offended that he doesn't love her to spending more time with the person she loves (?) before he dies, and decided the former won out.

Honestly, it's a sad story. A story about childhood naivety and unforgiveness of life. The main heroine here is not wrong for acting the way she acted during their break up. For me, it's her own way to cope with the fact she had to see her first love fade away. It's a big stress for a teen. So naturally she chose to ignore him only to realize seven years later how she was wrong. And it made me relate on a deeper level so I almost hold tears.
And I also like how their passion for origami used in the story, acting as a cliffhanger at the vary end.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it's a sad story. A story about childhood naivety and unforgiveness of life. The main heroine here is not wrong for acting the way she acted during their break up. For me, it's her own way to cope with the fact she had to see her first love fade away. It's a big stress for a teen. So naturally she chose to ignore him only to realize seven years later how she was wrong. And it made me relate on a deeper level so I almost hold tears.
And I also like how their passion for origami used in the story, acting as a cliffhanger at the vary end.
No. She is one hundred percent wrong. This story, supposedly, was based on a true story that was written by the girl herself. That tells you all you need to know. This was her narcissistic way of using his lonely death to be about herself.

It's very common for people who know they will die to push people away. They are scared, angry, lonely and don't want to burden other people.

Moreover, it's unfortunately so that many people discover that the people they thought were their friends and family don't show up when you are dying.

The reasons are many. They weren't the people you assumed they were, a lot of assholes out there. They are scared, death is scary. They don't want to bother with something painful and scary. Watching someone dying before your eyes is very hard. And often they are pushed away, and they take the first chance to run.

But what is lonely is lying in a hospital and waiting to die. People have a lot of time to think and those visits by friends and family give the patients so much solace in their painful and sad days. They are so important and those 30 minutes someone visits can keep the spirit up for days.

So, I can only imagine how painful it must have been to spend five years waiting to die. Abandoned by a selfish girl who was both his love and best friend. If she would have showed up it would have meant a lot. It always does.

It's really telling that she added the sentence "let's call it a draw" at the end. In her head, leaving him behind was apparently equal to him not telling her that he loves her. This was all about her. She really is a awful person. I hope her life is miserable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread