Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

I wish she would have said yes, but we know she eventually will, I mean.. who wouldn’t fall for someone like him😭 I’m crying he’s such a good boy, I hope he can earn her trust quickly because she deserves better. Thank you so much for the chapters!!❤️

CUTEST DUKE EVER.
Like, most of the MLs have a resting b*tch face and faking a cold expression BUT HIS FACE IS SO HEARTWARMING

Wow, this is so sweet. I particularly love that ML is really making the effort here.

He’s so charming 🥺

Thanks for the double update!!!

@khaoticsuccubus
I’m inclined to agree 🙃 it’s frustrating that she turned him down for such a stupid reason...he’s the only person who’s ever been kind to her, it’s clear he LIKES her, and they have some kind of history. Maybe plot wise it’d be too easy if she said yes, idk.

@ismaelh lol I guess she has agency when it comes to translating shit? If thats worth anything

Contributor
She don't want to marry him yet because she is still a girl of this family.

She probably first want to leave the family before anything else...but she will never make it alone. Her family is too powerful, and will only let her go when she will be useless for them, aka sell her to someone else.

said this before but I love this male lead so much!! while they’re not unbearable or anything, I’m a little tired of cold, humorless male leads, and this one is so cute! 😭 he’s sweet and still has the mysterious/tragic backstory that the typical salty male lead has, very nice change of pace after a bunch of webtoons/manga with cold to homicidal male leads 👌🏽

Dex-chan lover
what? I do not understand why she would turn down the duke's proposal, he has enough power, money and influence to keep her safe. Just because she doesn't want to keep the name while being married isn't a good reason. it's like saying she'd rather keep the name and be abused instead of marry the duke and be known as Duchess Millartrio in the future. No one would call her her fake name (except her family that I doubt she'd see) if she didn't allow it and she can tell her husband her real name. plus with all that power she could probably get revenge on the family

Double-page supporter
@JWChibi I think it has to do with the fact that she only died and had to fear death after she left to get married. Before then all she had to do was keep her head down and she'd be (relatively) safe. Even though he's the Grand Duke, when they were together at the hunting tournament she still had need to fear for her life. As she said she wants to keep him in her memories as her savior rather than leave this world with him being unable to protect her and ruining that image in her final moments. If she's separated from him and then dies, then her end won't be because of him and thus him not being able to save her would be her own fault instead of his. She wants to protect the one good memory she actually managed to acquire in this life.

With that said, there's probably more to it, and more importantly she seems to be in some kind of co-dependence sort of situation with her family. She is abused yet is unwilling to leave due to uncertainty as well as fearing she'd lose what little light she managed to get her hands on. Rather than seek out more light now that she's had a taste, she'd rather cherish what little light she has while crouched in a dark corner out of everyone's way. Similar to an abusive relationship between two people, I'd say, although not exactly the same.

TL;DR: She's afraid to leave for various reasons.

@JWChibi I think she is just anxious because she died going to marry him in the first life, so asking to marry now would be the same as rushing her death.
I think she is just so focus in trying to leave the household she isn't considering other options, like actually being favored by the archduke. She talks about how in the past life he didn't save her, but they didn't have any relationship for him to worry so much + he already said he is having less seizure thanks to her gift, so maybe in the past he was so sick/weak he couldn't do much.
There is also how the marriage would be useful for her family and how in the past life this was all she wanted to do: Be useful to them. Marrying the archduke will not only bound her to her family, but to her "name" as well, and she is trying to preserve her identity now.

So at the same time I think she could accept since the archduke wants more to help/protect her instead of looking to benefit himself and her family, I can understand why she is in denial at first.

Let's not be too hard on the MC. Regardless of being reborn she has spent her whole life as the victim of abuse. While she may know she needs to leave it would be scary and new for her, marking the Dike doubly so since the last time that was happening she was murdered. He may have good intentions, but that doesn't guarantee that he is capable of fully protecting her. She barely knows him yet, how could she trust him enough to put her life and secrets in to his hands.

She is used to the abuse, staying a little longer is a safe bet from her perspective, marriage is a massive risk. Plus there's an additional motive of wanting to live as herself under her own name which would be difficult after marrying under another.

Aggregator gang
Oh my goodness, my heart can't take all this cuteness!! First the boys in Inso's Law, then Yeol from Bunny and Her Boys, and now this!??
Sweetness overload!!! I'm so happy right now!!!!
And I'm especially glad I'm home alone lol. I can fangirl as loud as I want hahahaha

Thanks for the chapter!

Hey. If he can make her smile like this for all her life, he’s ok in my book

I like that she rejected his proposal. I've always wondered how FL's can trust the ml unconditionally and are never able to doubt their intentions. I also doubt the grand Duke is pushing for a marriage o𝘯𝘭𝘺 to save the mc. We are not getting his perspective but it's obvious that the reason is because how she affects his curse. And isn't that actually manipulative? But it's not like I'm saying he is a 𝘣𝘢𝘥 person. Just one taking advantage of the situation and circumstances. Which is nice to see that he has a lot going on under this persona and facade. It's just a shame we can't see his thoughts more often. Like on panel 25, it would've been great if we got see him say, "Well, you being by my side will keep my curse in check so technically being by your side is more than enough"
Still a nice read overall

Gosh, this is so freaking cute!!! 😂 Good on the duke for being so keen on the actions within the Bifta family. They mistreated her so badly!!

I love 💖 him he is so cute ... He is a yandere and a tsundere she got the best of both worlds 😍😍😍

Users who are viewing this thread