Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

Thank you for the update!! This is super cute!!😆😍
Keep up the good work, Grand Duke!!🤣 Those trashes deserve this for mistreating our FL!!😤😤

I wonder if, would he have been honest and said "I like you and you help unknowingly with my curse, so I want to keep you safe and fix myself", if she would have rejected him just as badly. hm. probably, but not as absolutely.

The end of this chapter was adorable but the proposal was quite sad. It's clear that she does like Hexion but she also wants to escape the duke completely and live as her own person. To escape she would have to leave noble society entirely, which she wouldn't be able to do if she married Hexion. I do wonder what Hexion did in her previous life that makes her think of him as her saviour?

@scarlet_summer @Khaoticsuccubus @firelordzuzu

The reason she rejected him is that she wants to leave noble society entirely and live as Adele, her real identity. If she married Hexion she would be forced to remain as "Karina", live as a noblewoman and still associate with the duke and his family to some degree. Hence what she was saying about how she doesn't want to ever think of Hexion as her shackles, since if she married him he would prevent her from living as herself, and she would eventually resent him for that.

@teruhashiclone

thanks for the detailed explanation, that makes sense.

I can see how her rejecting him will allow for a wider range of possibilities for how the plot will go so I don't mind.

This pairing brings a fresh perspective compared to the others in some manhwas I've read ☺️ I hope to see more of Adele and Hexion soon! I also hope that fl will have some sort of development in the future..

Solution is simple, abandon your status as a noble and go back to being Adele, then get proposed to as adele.

The duke does whatever he likes so don't think marrying a commoner is a big deal for him

Users who are viewing this thread