Just Leave Me Be

Wasn’t she the duke’s illegitimate child? Did he not know and just picked her up to replace his other daughter? I’ll have to reread the beginning. He looks exactly like him and his son, so he should’ve had some inkling they were related.

@yanag1 I guess. She does seem intellectual but sent such a huge number of people were sent to assassinate her last time. Isn't survival a bigger concern? Self-actualization after you're safe pls ;

@elysian The duchess has legitimate children including the son. She's just salty at the proof of her husband straying. Thus, the abuse.

@Izzydee Everyone in the family ostensibly knows she's his biological child which is why their hatred and abuse is so personal. Ostensibly because we don't know if anyone outside the duke and duchess knows but I think it's safe to assume they all know.

People keep hitting her in the face and leaving proof she is abused. Imagine how this looks to people outside the family who think is the 'real' daughter- it can't be good for the reputation, and the family should know that. I don't understand why they would do so.

Supporter
I think another reason why she didn't accept the marriage proposal was 'cause she didn't know his position in her assassination (whether he knew about it or not) in her previous life so she doesn't know who to trust in this life -- even if right now, his presence makes her comfortable. if I was in her position, I'd also have trust issues.
I didn't reread anything so I'm just trying to remember what I know.

@faytfinx The assassins were sent by her father. Her father got rid of her through marriage but he also was behind the carriage accident and outright having her killed for good measure.

I hope we get an explanation on why she had to die so badly. Perhaps her magic?

This is a 10/10 I spoiled myself because I couldn't believe how fast I'd read/enjoyed the chapters and I have no regrets 😁 It's similar to the villainess reverses the hourglass so if you enjoy that, you will definitely love this one too.

This is good. I know that it can’t all be sunshine and rainbows but for now the fluff is good, the catharsis is good, the characters are good. 10/10 for now.

This needs to be an adventure. Scratch wanting the political side of whatever kingdom or shit is gonna happen. The lore is gonna feed me... *drool*

Users who are viewing this thread