Juunenme, Kikan wo Akirameta Tenisha wa Imasara Shujinkou ni naru - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Hot Spring Town and the Twins' Secret Plan

Dex-chan lover
So they're basically Cerberus, but twin version.

Cerberus2Excited.png

Double-page supporter
I really appreciate the thought of "Let's make us not rely on him so whenever he somehow zaps out of in this existence, he won't be worried!". I mean, it's mostly "We can't live without you!" in most one-male MULTIPLE female lead.

Although it's been 9 years, but he doesn't have much experience of getting isekai'd again in that time window kinda makes me think that his worry is baseless. IF. IF, he actually has some several time of zapping, it'd been much better so we know that his worry is real.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, why are the twins throwing themselves at him? Was it mentioned or did i missed it?

Group Leader
kinda makes me think that his worry is baseless. IF. IF, he actually has some several time of zapping, it'd been much better so we know that his worry is real.
The MC is dealing with trauma. He is suffering from PTSD.
Part of recovery is understanding it. Given he was just 15 when he isekaid, he probably didn't have any major negative events happen yet in life or learn about trauma in school. So his anxiety is very human.

Because he's so strong in a world of danger, people rely on him.
His kind and humble personality makes him feel a heavy responsibility towards others, which is compounded by his fear of suddenly teleporting again.

Since he has been closing himself from others, he likely hasn't received any psychological help. Enter the twins, who are understanding him.

You may be overlooking all this, because the isekai genre is so saturated and filled with positively starting over a new life with fun adventuring.
The MC didn't ask for any of this. He had to learn to live by himself and adapt to a new world where he can't speak his native language.

For 9 years he's been looking for a way back.

Trauma recovery is a personal journey, and there's no set timeline for healing.

Group Leader
Wait, why are the twins throwing themselves at him? Was it mentioned or did i missed it?
I view it as: The twins are obsessed with -Lost Objects- and they discovered Tohru is basically one. It's like a horse enthusiast finding a unicorn in the modern world. They want some kind of possession and to take care of it.

For a more natural reason: They are girls and have interest. Tohru's looks might be to their preference, and physical strength has often also been an attractive trait in potential mates (he's proven to be very strong). Not to mention, Tohru is their hero/savior (he saved them from a villain). It's also natural to have some flirting in a mixed group.

Double-page supporter
They are throwing themselves at him because all LN are just shitty self insert wish fulfillment.

On that note it's also hilarious that they "adapt" LN into manga by just copy pasting the words into 5000 text bubbles instead of actually adjusting it for a visual medium.

Dex-chan lover
fdb11d89ab89ebe886046985b51dbb0c.gif

Is what I wanted to say at the start, what with how whiny they were, but the fact that they are actively analyzing his mental health and understanding his anxieties, then showing genuine concern about wanting to help, is a very welcome (and in my case, needed) addition to their characters.

However, you may not notice it, but it's definitely steered a bit towards a Japanese audience.
For example, when the twins found out Tohru was a -Lost Object- (Ch4, page 7), they asked things like:
  • "What's Cup Ramen!?"
  • "What's dashi!?" (related to Japanese cuisine)
Very Japanese. In my translation, I opted to go with more general things for English readers to relate better ("What is Internet, VR, Manga and Anime"...).

And now we had a hot spring chapter (though it's well integrated to story).
Absolutely unnecessary. We read manga for the Japanese culture. Not only are those things know by the average manga reader, we also love getting explanations about Japanese things.
Also, no wonder it felt weird. They have tons of books from Earth, but they somehow don't know what the internet, games, manga and anime are? You yourself said that English readers don't relate with those, which would bring more credibility to them not knowing about it.
And then you bash a manga for having a hot springs chapter. As if saying hot springs shouldn't exist in manga because they aren't really popular outside Japan.
Localizers getting into isekai manga now to change it too, I see.

Dex-chan lover
I would probably just go with "Miery's the one on the left and Yuufi's the one on the right" and then never reveal that that's how I tell them apart or it would ruin the 95%+ accuracy that method seems to have.

Users who are viewing this thread