Juunenme, Kikan wo Akirameta Tenisha wa Imasara Shujinkou ni naru - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Hot Spring Town and the Twins' Secret Plan

I've definitely noticed the same thing too, mainly with the good writing and pacing. The character designs are well thought out down to the character expressions.

However, you may not notice it, but it's definitely steered a bit towards a Japanese audience.
For example, when the twins found out Tohru was a -Lost Object- (Ch4, page 7), they asked things like:
  • "What's Cup Ramen!?"
  • "What's dashi!?" (related to Japanese cuisine)
Very Japanese. In my translation, I opted to go with more general things for English readers to relate better ("What is Internet, VR, Manga and Anime"...).

And now we had a hot spring chapter (though it's well integrated to story).
thanks for the localization. something that I treat as a bingo tile for isekais is when they start gushing over explicitly japanese things like rice and whatnot, things people outside of japan wouldn't necessarily care about, as if the rest of the earth isn't something worth being interested in. considering the various things that were in their room, it makes sense for them to be interested in things that didn't originate from japan, too, since clearly objects from around the world wound up being "lost objects" too. I know why this trope is prevalent in isekais, but they have old cameras and light bulbs and the first thing they wanna know about is cup ramen and soup stock? come on lol.

the message meant to be sent is that "these twins are super interested in your modern time's technology and culture", and while the original script would work with a japanese audience, it'd fall a bit flat written as-is with a global audience. the message was well-delivered with your localization, and had you not mentioned it being a localization, I wouldn't have even noticed it as being out of place, so well done.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the mind link is more like a curse. don't get me wrong, that's a cool power, but then again beng in a state of constant mind link feels like it stops them from having their own personalities

I mean just look at them. They're literally so close to becoming one whole being with two bodies

Dex-chan lover
anything can happen I've read manga were their was no suggestive tag to getting it later on same with suggestive to erotica and it can also downgrade as well
What's the manga title?

Dex-chan lover
Its pretty interesting and actually somewhat creepy.
They seem to have their own consciousness or else they wouldn't be able to differentiate between their individual circumstances. Like if M was holding a conversation with T where Y wouldn't hear them, would Y answer by mistake instead M? It's early to be sure but it seems like they don't have any issues telling themselves apart. The reason they don't share a consciousness is likely due to them not sharing sensory information, which likely keeps some sort of sense of individual identity between the two of them.

They respond to their individual circumstances but their minds are connected as if they shared a portion of their brains, each have separate consciousness but their memories might be shared without any distinction, how can they tell which memories are whose? if they are together at all times and make sure to experience the same things they won't be able to tell who is who in their memories, they live like they are different people but they may have a hard time telling apart whose history is whose which may lead to some sort of identity crisis, kinda like looking at an infinite mirror.

I think there are two ways for dealing with this, they either kill their individuality and become something that's neither of them or go their separate ways to live on places different enough that they won't mistake each others memories with their own.
I am curious if this would go anywhere or not. The idea that they share mind and experience and whether the fact that it more or less prevents them from being independent from each other will ever come up later.

Double-page supporter
Iirc the source is a webnarou novel, but reviews have noted this author has put more thought and care into this story compared to the chaff you usually find.
https://www.novelupdates.com/series...up-returning-finally-becomes-the-protagonist/

Some webnarou stuff can be really really good (Deathbound Duke's Daughter comes to mind) but you really have to search for diamonds in the muck - noting that most people enjoy reading the muck too.
Man, the twins look more mature in the novel cover 😔

Dex-chan lover
Loving all the theories and praises the concept of the two girls' traits are getting. An interesting take indeed. I do hope the art improves though. Right now, honestly it seems a bit of a mess to me.

Aggregator gang
The way they describe it almost feels like there's not two twins, but instead only one person who happens to have two bodies that can act independently from each other.

So basically if one of them is a pervert then tohru should cast goodbye to his herbert. Prepare for the trouble and make it double, but wait, both of you are in trouble ☠️

Users who are viewing this thread