Kaette Kudasai! Akutsu-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 155

Double-page supporter
Can't believe people are really complaining about "lacking development" in this manga. Somebody already said that but they came a long way from their first interaction. Ooyama and Riko accepted that they are in love is already a huge development.

And let's not forget this manga only has 10 pages per chapter at most. 155 chapters of this manga only equivalent to 70-80 of the normal weekly manga. That's already a fast development, if you asked me.

Dex-chan lover
And let's not forget this manga only has 10 pages per chapter at most. 155 chapters of this manga only equivalent to 70-80 of the normal weekly manga. That's already a fast development, if you asked meme.
Only by the very drawn out manga romance standards, though. Plus most(?) mangas use a lot of that extra page count on side characters and suchlike. Here there's rather little of that.

Dex-chan lover
Only by the very drawn out manga romance standards, though. Plus most(?) mangas use a lot of that extra page count on side characters and suchlike. Here there's rather little of that.
I've said it before, but the "lack" of extraneous side activity can easily lead to it feeling overly drawn out. Really, it's for readers "committed" to the relationship between Akutsu and Ooyama, a little more focused than the majority of RomComs. Maybe its "easier" to write that way (I don't particularly think that), or maybe the author simply wanted to pour everything into the two, I couldn't say. I enjoy it, but I can understand how the lack of "side stuff" might not appeal to everyone.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a long time already and I'm still smiling when I read this manga. Whether because of the comedy or the romance.

Dex-chan lover
Is the manga incompetent, or are the characters acting in exactly the fashion they're intended to? Dense, insecure, uncertain, afraid, immature. I don't know if that makes the manga "incompetent", though it would seem you're frustrated with the lack of "action" from the MCs. I think the supporting characters are doing exactly what they're designed to do... Sure, the MCs could be written to just "do it themselves", but I for one don't think that would be as much fun. 😁
Well at the very least, it shouldn’t take 100+ chapters for a confession, not the one-sided one, but a deadass confession… unless you’re Aka Akasaka in which case, you make that pacing feel justified and not like a waste of time. Me personally, I like the chapter 100 confession because I like nice, round, impactful numbers.

Dex-chan lover
Well at the very least, it shouldn’t take 100+ chapters for a confession, not the one-sided one, but a deadass confession… unless you’re Aka Akasaka in which case, you make that pacing feel justified and not like a waste of time. Me personally, I like the chapter 100 confession because I like nice, round, impactful numbers.
Lol I can understand that, I do appreciate the symmetry when it occurs. Akasaka did a good job with Kaguya, as did others, and still others have turned their manga stale and repetitive. I enjoy the interaction showcased here in itself, so I'm not really displeased with the pacing. There have been a few "golden opportunities" for confessions, but far lower than I've seen in other works. Above all I do enjoy the fact that the pacing organically matches the development of the characters; while there's a cliche for sudden determination leading to a confession, it always flirts with believability for me. This building to an overflow feels like a more natural precursor (assuming it goes that way) and certainly the groundwork has been laid for such an event (mama and papa akutsu). I'd give the reference if I remembered what chapter thread it was in, but I had a metaphor for the progression, as shown between this one and Nagatoro. Hunt it down if you're so inclined. Besides, you COULD still get a nice even numbered chapter for the dam breaking here.

Dex-chan lover
Freaking BIG thanks to "Misaki" for sharing my exact thoughts, am sick of this "you first no you first nono you first" thing just go f*** already ☠️

Dex-chan lover
Can't believe people are really complaining about "lacking development" in this manga. Somebody already said that but they came a long way from their first interaction. Ooyama and Riko accepted that they are in love is already a huge development.

And let's not forget this manga only has 10 pages per chapter at most. 155 chapters of this manga only equivalent to 70-80 of the normal weekly manga. That's already a fast development, if you asked me.
It had good pacing for the first 60-70 chapters, but then there were like another 70 where absolutely nothing developed, and it's only in the last 10-15 that anything's progressed. Author definitely could've cut out that fat in the middle and it wouldn't do any harm at all.

Fed-Kun's army
2T1FKR1.png

Users who are viewing this thread