Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 4 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
"You don't need to know anything" could've been happier if she did though, maybe.

Fed-Kun's army
@Fari either her surrogate father is tragically murdered after taking care of her since her mother's unfortunate demise or her surrogate father murdered her mother, lied to and manipulated her for years and was planning to kill her.

It's a very cruel mercy.

Huh, if anyone has read the LN at this point. Does he actually mean it when he says that the Principal pisses him off? Because if he does, that'd be... interesting.

@DerpySausage don't forget that her naivete/cluelessness led to the deaths of dozens of people, henchmen and innocents alike.

@Jopari He said “Not exactly. I said that I don’t really care, not that I don’t care at all. Right now, I feel a little…… chafed, I suppose.” So yeah. This is Chapter 40 by the way.

@Adokun I see. That's something I guess, unless his reason is something more self-centred.
I stopped reading the LN a while back, I think the manga does a better job of portraying him as a comedic sociopath. This moment though, was perfect for the gravitas.

Double-page supporter
Well he killed teh guy who murdered her mother cause it just pissed him off, Yet I bet Sherries going to be all about getting revenge on Shadow Garden.

The main reason I think that this chapter seems less funny is that there's no monologue for Cid to truly let his thoughts out. The monologue is where all the comedy is, take it away and you get a sub-par chuuni manga.

@Kisato Funny how you think that this is supposed to be an edgy manga.

Dex-chan lover
I love how they are casually talking when the room is literally on fire.

Best chuuni, over the top comedy manga

Dex-chan lover
@DerpySausage I dunno, one hand "bad guy is dead" and other hand "someone killed my good dad and now I resent them". Realistically both sides have their pros and cons.

That said, of course, even if Cid tried to explain it doesn't mean she'd believe it so that's another facet of it, I get the not explaining for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread