Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 203 - Tsubame Koyasu and Yu Ishigami: Part 1

Pretty sad seeing all these people whining about Ishigami "forcing a relationship" because he's a little bit desperate to prove himself to the girl he loves.

People don't always do the best thing when love gets involved, especially when they're young and inexperienced. Our boy promising to cherish and love Tsubame if she gives him a chance after she rejected him is actually a very positive development. His old self would have taken the rejection as a crushing blow and probably never recovered. He's not trashing someone else to build himself up in her eyes. He's not invading her personal space and using ambiguously dark/threatening verbiage and body language to coerce her. He's facing Tsubame head-on and emphatically telling her he'll make her the happiest woman alive if she lets him.

That said, if he does end up pressuring her into a relationship, it's a good opportunity for both of them to see the outcome. Maybe it'll work out after all. Maybe it'll lead to awkward moments and heartache. Either way, it will be life lessons learned. We all hurt others and get hurt in return by good intentions coupled with inexperience. If Ishigami does pressure Tsubame successfully, then it's another opportunity for them to grow as characters and people. Chill and wait to see what happens and how it develops before bemoaning a fictional person not acting like a idealized character in a stressful scenario.

Dex-chan lover
I like the other ship better but i'm rooting for him right now

YASSSSS ISHIGAMI GO BOI YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Ik Tsubame is still going to reject him but still it's nice to see Ishigami fighting so hard for something for the first time in his life. After this do your best to comfort him Iino!!

@Tadakyuni pretty much exactly right. The problem is that we're on a manga website so you're not getting a good cross-section of competent daters lol. Mostly people just projecting their own weird issues : )

@Tadakyuni Yep, totally agree with you. People should wait and see how the story would develop over time. Nowadays, many people are quick to mark things as 'forced' even though the story itself is still going. I mean look at our boy Ishigami, if this happened to his old self he would definitely get sad and depressed about the rejection (after pg. 17), but now he just mans up and be assertive about his feelings. That's character development and that's why I cheer on this ship.

That last page, aaaa that was so good, I'm losing it.

Go Ishigami, you can do it my dude!

Dex-chan lover
I mean if you are going to go down then it might as well be in flames. So flame on Ishigami, flame on.

Aggregator gang
I'm of the belief that romance can't be forced. If she loves Ishigami platonically, it is what it is. So I will be interested to see what happens next.

I mean, she really does care for him, but something is holding her back from crossing the barrier.

Kaguya looked so pissed that she turned him down. The way she cares for Ishigami is one of the best things about this series.

Dex-chan lover
go ishi go
tbh I am also the kind of weak against assertive people so then

go tsuba go!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread