Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 210 - Chika Fujiwara Really, Really, Really Wants to Eat

@Mattopui, I am glad someone mentioning IB.

And nice chapter for a little break from the seriousness, that's what Chika for. Fun and Chaos.

Every time I see these chapters I groan, yet every time I finish reading them I actually really enjoy them 😂

Yeah, reading through Aka's other works really is an eye opener and I am happy that he found a great place to put the serious stuff with Oshi no Ko.

Dex-chan lover
end the series here ive seen enough

dude with a weight gain fetish and another kino ramen chapter

Dex-chan lover
@TheGrandMagus I think it shows well that he can do other types of work, though IB already did indicate that. Kaguya made itself mostly on comedy with the larger story placed every so often, while Oshi no Ko, while still comedic at times, uses comedy in the same way Kaguya does with its series moments. It's an element to help drive some chapters but not the core element of it. Which is pretty good to see, since many writers would easily just stick to their genre.
Like take Hiro Mashima as example. Even if his works change a bit, they still are similar in genre. And they do turn into hits, the man knows his genre well, but that's build from experience in it for so long. It's risky branching out into something entirely different, especially if it means that it creates a work that not all of your existing fanbase will enjoy. But luckily Aka seems to be good at it.

@Yuukecchi RD is Redrawing (which would make sense, as the post is from the Zaibatsu Redrawer).

Redrawing is the process where, after blanking out the original text that is not in balloons, they will redraw the manga (or a rough approximation) so that it appears nicer when the translated text is put on top of it. It is probably the most difficult part of scanslation, and it takes real talent to do it good. The irony is, the better the redrawer, the less you notice their work.

Fed-Kun's army
Leave it to Aka to make one of the most nonsensical chapters in his manga follow up one of the most heart-wrenching chapters in the same manga.

Dex-chan lover
Akasaka is really a.genius in breaking down how cliche shonen storytelling structures are, especially with the convenient flashback reveals as each opposing side intensifies and fortifies their “resolve.”

Users who are viewing this thread