Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 210 - Chika Fujiwara Really, Really, Really Wants to Eat

nice way to ease the tension...still interested on what happens regarding the main ship

Contributor
This feels like a random chapter of D-Frag lol mmm...

Double-page supporter
The Medusa girl from the fat elf manga really needs to visit this store.
Great chapter.

Dex-chan lover
J. Suzuki aka the fireworks taxi driver is the ramen final boss.

These chapters just feel weird and out of place with the recent tone shift of the manga, idk. I miss when the story was focused on comedy and not a cliché "my family is trying to control my life" drama

Comments on the last chapter:
"Oh, no, oh my God, this series is about to get too dark and terrible, no, how are we going to do it, the series is ruined, we don't like conflict!
It is not as if she had brilliantly alternated between comedy and tragedy from the very first long arches, after all! "

Aka in this Chapter:

@Thmsoares
So are you left behind 200+ chapters?
"Recent"? The situation was clear from the arc of the fireworks, and had been hinted at right away.
All the drama in this series makes sense, as it was established for all the characters from the start.
The golden cage that Kaguya lives in, Shirogane's insecurities, Ishigami's social crisis ... everything was made clear from the moment they were introduced, teased with jokes and analyzed in detail later.
This is what makes the opera so fantastic: understanding that comedy is tragedy are two sides of the same coin, balancing each other to create great stories.

@Mattopui

Yes these things were alluded to before, but they were never the central focus of the story, and served to give the characters depth which doesn't always happen in a comedy manga. But recently Aka just abandoned the comedy factor, aside from filler chapters like this one, and to me it just feels like too much of a tone shift. The drama may "make sense", but it doesn't mean it was the only way the story could have progressed - it's not like there was a need for Kaguya's family to get in the way of her relationship with Shirogane, who's the god damn Student Council President of one of the most pretigious academies of Japan.

My point is that Aka deliberately chose to go down the path of creating needless drama and focusing solely on it instead of having it come to light and consequently it getting resolved while maintaining the previous comedy undertone every chapter had.

But that's just my opinion, not like you have to agree with me

Double-page supporter
i'm now in the mood for ramen after this

well... maybe i won't get the super size portion

Supporter
Man fuck covid. I miss restaurant ramen. Can't wait to get vaccinated and not have to worry about spreading disease.

Thanks for the TL.

Users who are viewing this thread