Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.2

He is broken beyond repair.
He is vengeance seeker.
He rather let his friends or family getting killed then have revenge than saving them beforehand.
All he needs is excuse to revenge.
Read the novel and you will see he abandoned his merchant friend to die then avenger him than saving him.

I'm very sad to see Anna died.

What he should have done is do everything the same up to and including the brainwashing of the princess, then after that he should have gone to the hometown back with the princess in his altered appearance, then at night privately reveal his original appearance to Anna and take her in as a slave.

He can't save all of the villagers but by doing this he could have saved Anna.

It is so sad to see Anna raped by what she thought was her childhood friend when in reality it was just a ruffian.

Dex-chan lover
Man this comment section is terrible and cringy... I guess everyone is used to the 200 IQ God Level Tier Isekai MCs and Vanilla settings where the most upsetting thing is seeing slaves....

Dex-chan lover
Edgy much?
Why didn't you save them before shit like that ever happened? At this point, these kind of series are just meh, same with the other revenge dude that has the bunny slave. To me in those series the mc's could have killed them from the beginning, why leave loose ends? . Sorry for the rant.

Dex-chan lover
I think most people here miss the point that he seems to be a kind of vengeance addict. He does not actually act to save those around him he cares about, even though he either truly does care about them, or convinces himself he does.

That's not to say he goes out of his way to create situations which force him to take revenge for something he loses, but the way he goes about things will naturally cause such situations. Blind revenge begets more blind revenge, and for all that he has 'worked' out how to get his primary revenge with the time travel, that's still all it is.

And that is why this manga interests me. I am surprised at how nowadays the 'value' of a series and MC is measured by how smart, OP or literally god-touched they are, judging by the comments here. Even if they grow as a character, often you can see where they're headed. Humans aren't perfect, they can make critical life-ruining mistakes and sometimes they don't even grow. Yet they can drive a story.

Group Leader
I get that MC is mad because it happened to someone he cares about but it's not really morally worse than the drugging and mind control induced rape he's engaged in himself.

You could argue Freya kinda had it coming but what did Kureha do?

Fed-Kun's army
this... manga is the absolute shit...why am i still reading this i wonder lol
any manga involve a lot of rape such as this is the absolute shit

probably the whole vengeance thing made me stay but.... the whole rape thing is making me want to consider

Group Leader
@givemersspls You're thinking of Setsuna. Kureha is the sword saint who we just got through the arc of him dosing with aphrodisiac then during sex specifically says he's going to "use my hypnotism to make her obey me" and "Make her hallucinate so she'll see this pleasure as love for me".

Dex-chan lover
@FlashGordan She was an enemy. Technically he should have merely killed her for being an enemy, but since his allies are few and far between, he used the opportunity to even the odds. She was the one who attacked first and refused to listen to reason, so she reaped what she sowed.

It's good to keep in mind this story has no heroes, only villains and anti-heroes, plus those being exploited.

Group Leader
@kaarme I'm aware. I wasn't criticizing the MC for his actions since he's obviously not a "Good Guy" to begin with. I was just commenting on the irony of him essentially creating a copy of himself who is getting his own revenge with similarly immoral ruthlessness.

Dex-chan lover
to those guys complaining about the "edge": think before you spit out your oversensitivity. like you wouldn't do the same thing if you were presented the same situation.

me? i'd done worse.

Dex-chan lover
@FlashGordan No, I wouldn't compare them at all. The MC's not actually going around hurting unrelated people on a whim and has even saved folks if saving them somehow hurt his enemy. If you look at how he treats his women in general, he's not torturing them or even hurting them needlessly. Some of them might be brainwashed, but in that state they are actually decently satisfied, with the MC treating them more or less like allies (and lovers), not like slaves he would be kicking around, which is the captain's default modus operandi.

In fact I don't even know if you can call what the captain is doing an act of revenge. If some brute regularly beats you up, but then one day you manage to turn the tables, is it revenge if the brute again goes after you the next day? He's just doing the same thing he was always doing, it's not revenge or anything.

Speaking of which, gathering some Vengeance fantasy scenarios..... this will be on my top one list considering some stupid things he made on the past and on the new life he had. Well technically, it's his fault from the start and it's the fault of his vengeance. It's not like the Sword of Vengeance manga thing where he has his own plans and never slips up.... YET!! but this one right here? well........ i'll make a better review after few more chapters

if there are too many thing you want to protect then your vengeance will be not accomplished...what a great move...
in the end that nation perish while chaos spread to the whole world that lack humanity and moral....lol

Group Leader
@kaarme I'm afraid I had to hop off your train of logic when we reached "Brain washing is mostly fine as long as they seem okay with it afterwards". Violating someone's mind so that they're okay with you violating their body doesn't magically make either of those things moral. It's the same logic pedophiles use when they groom children or cult leaders use when they indoctrinate members. Enslaving someone isn't justified because you can convince them to accept their enslavement.

I don't mind reading a manga where the MC is a bad person but i'm not going to defend him just because one guy was always a bad person and the MC only became a bad person later. Also, saving people only because it furthers your own ends isn't altruism it's just opportunism.

As to your side point about the captain not actually engaging in revenge he clearly is. He burned his own face just because he couldn't stand to look at the target of his malice in the mirror. If some asshole kicks a dog that's always in the same spot on his way to work he's just a sadistic creep. If he actively walked around town until he could find a specific dog he wanted to kick it's targeted hatred and targeted hatred borne out of a desire for retribution is by definition revenge. The MC, if anyone, is the one who isn't TECHNICALLY acting out of revenge. The people he wants to target have not actually ever done anything to him in this timeline. Freya was still a bitch but he's never even met the sword hero or the cannon hero. He could've just walked out of the village and bypassed this whole scenario. Sure they're probably still bad people who deserve punishment but they didn't do anything to him specifically or even anyone he knew in this life.

Users who are viewing this thread