Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Lies behind the Empire

Dex-chan lover
This has taken a turn. I wonder if it should even have the isekai tag at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Oh what a twist especially so early on, thanks for picking this up

Dex-chan lover
Uhm... This may be the elephant in the room, but...

What in god's name is up with this translation? This isn't even MTL-bad. This is kindergartner in the ESL program bad.

(For those that don't know, ESL = English as a Second Language)

Dex-chan lover
thanks for bringing attention to the series again, hopefully someone can consistently translate this series with proper quality. You also placed chapter 9 in the volume 1 instead of 2

Dex-chan lover
Kazakhstan bro, I know you work alone and probably are very busy... But I pray to you to save us from this hell.

Contributor
Fused the pictures

xMz7Y3T.jpg

qG8T7g8.jpg

Dex-chan lover
this chapter could really use a proofreader but not the worst translation ive read

Dex-chan lover
Proofreader? You mean a translator. This is literally worse than using DeepL or GPT-4, might as well go with those instead.
the translation itself is fine, ive seen plenty of manga 'translations' that put english words together but cant form a legible sentence and this isnt one of them. i have an understanding of whats going on by reading i just find the way its presented awkward and a proofreader would fix that

Dex-chan lover
Not the most terrible of translations and still readable, but yeah, the quality is questionable that it's sapping the fun out of reading it.

I'd rather wait for the other group that started translating this a month ago, or just watch the anime instead.

Users who are viewing this thread