Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 20 Ch. 168 - The Boyfriend and Ordinary Life

Yeah... kinda fillerish, but settled some nice plot points such as.

-Chizuya's mutual lie eventually blowing up. Mini and Kuri's friendship can be REALLY dangerous and Ruka's toxicity is back, and in full throttle.
-This seems to be the (probably fatal for the annoying little shithead, probably disasterous for the MC, who knows) prologue to the sendoff to the Ruka. He'll probably discover her heart disease or she'll blackmail him into a "last wish" kind of thing with that pretense. However, one thing for sure: if he gets tempted, he won't help himself, but do something really scummy to Ruka driven by his STRONG feelings for Chizuru and will inevitably hurt her without thinking in the eventual consequences. All is being set to Kazuya telling her off, and not in the nicest way.
-Never forget the Ruka's unpredictability. Either she might get depressed and have her heart collapse after being rejected/ditched by Kazuya, take things in a surprisingly (for the annoying and meddling shithead she is) graceful way and then cry and collapse alone or flips her shit, goes full scorned psychobitch on him, puts his friends and family against him and destroys Kazuya's life (and Chizuru's by proxy).

I thought i was gonna go and take a long sleep bc of the Ruka dragging things for the sake of muh romcom antics, but Kanokari is still surprising me and letting me excited. Besides, it's a nice touch the chapter title is "the boyfriend and..." instead of "the girlfriend and...". That shows this is going to be a critical arc for Kazuya.

tl;dr no matter how gently or sugarcoated Kazuya set things straight with the Ruka, he's fubar anyways bc the mutual lie he shares with Chizuru is going to eventually blow up and the consequences aren't going to be light or soft, but really harsh and cruel. You reap what you sow. Besides, he doesn't seem to consider the Ruka's unpredictability, toxicity and low impulse control.

"I wish I had a girlfriend"
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? THE FUCK

@araaramaamaa lol nope. That's the national AoC, but Kanto prefecture has it set at 18 fkin years old. If prefectural laws are stricter than the nationwide ones, then the former overrule the latter.
So, the Ruka's still underage for that, and Kazuya will be in deep legal shit if he dares to do that.

Dex-chan lover
Whines about wanting a girlfriend, already has a girlfriend, brushes her off. The fuck is up with this guy.

@catsdontsmile it's a trial relationship, Kazuya doesn't consider her as a girlfriend and DOESN'T have feelings for her. Why should go out with somebody he doesn't want in first place?

Besides, it's the Ruka who forcefully claims herself as his gf for a bullshit reason.

@catsdontsmile The guy wants a more genuine relationship, not a one-sided thing where only Ruka likes him. (granted I feel that Ruka doesn't like him, but just the heart beating fast thing but oh well.)

Group Leader
Mami is unironically the best character in the manga. She punishes the MC for being a simp and delivers a clear statement on how treating every girl as far and beyond you is ultimately detrimental to your own well-being and confidence, a refreshing angle from what otherwise is just a circlejerk over how perfect Chizuru is.

Dex-chan lover
Oh for fucks...dude wants to be with Chizuru but continues this charade with Ruka

Fed-Kun's army
He could get a girlfriend but keeps rejecting the one girl who would be his girlfriend.

Also he jacked off again probably from all the movie producing debacle XD

Man we really didn’t need that zoom on Kazuya’s erect dick on the first pages.

Dex-chan lover
Laughing at all the Ruka haters who is at least honest with herself and not dragging her feet for +100 chapters like some other female character.

Yamorei taking a photo and kiri posing in the black round was wholesome favorite seen though was when they were talking
So wholesome imo

Users who are viewing this thread