Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 20 Ch. 169 - The (Provisional) Girlfriend and the Hot Springs

Dex-chan lover
Someone mentioned that Ruka's 1 year anniversery with Kazuya is coming at the end of october.... well also Mami's birthday comes like 10 days after that. So that's gonna be a spicy time for the manga when we finally get there in 10-20 chapters.

Hope the invitation from Chizuru is actually something to advance their relationship. She needs to let him know what she's really feeling. Either that or Kazuya has to put the pieces together himself.

@idk234 that was me lol. Had to reread the 1st chapters to remember the dates, but the story indeed started in 2017, the Ruka's trial started by the end of october 2017 and the story is now in the 1st half of oct. 2018.
More than spicy, i think we'll go full drama and shit hits the fan territory (classical Act III narrative before Act IV and the climax). The anniversary has all the means of being a definitive breakup and Ruka's heart condition revelation to Kazuya. More likely he'll confront her about that before breaking things with her.
Mami will put her keikaku in action afterwards and only la pachamama and Miyajima know what are going to be the dreaded consequences.

If Miyajima resurrected the important toxic little info of the "50 msgs & mandatory g'night call per day", then it's because things are coming to an end for Ruka.

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69 do you think we're still in act 3? I thought we were in the 4th act already with 168. Assuming a 5 act structure (popular japanese play format) we'd be at the start of the falling action arc that comes after the peak of the story (Movie arc).

Well at least he knows that his current state of relationship(?) with Ruka is just not right.

@Felgon

but he knows that his current state of affairs is neither comfortable nor lasting.
more than once he said that anyone who had a relationship with ruka would be happy, he himself would like to be.
but he cannot deny the feelings towards chizuru that have flourished and that have become protagonists in his heart.
at the same time he is torn between not wanting to hurt Ruka even more and the terror that Chizuru has actually just been very professional with him and doesn't really feel anything.
this situation torments him but he is slowly finding the courage to find a solution and move on.

@linoasterix i think he has more terror of hurting people and the consequences that his final decision will bring. Keep in mind he isn't the type of people who would want to make people feel bad on purpose, but that's the sad beautifulness of life: when we want something so badly, we must assume the risk of hurting, even severing bonds with other people, and live with the consequences of our actions. He has mostly assumed Chizuru might not reciprocate his feelings because of the nature of their relationship, but he wants to be honest and move on with his life. He only needs to be more accepting of the consequences his final decision will bring, live with it and expect time makes the affected ones finally understand why did he do that and move on. Not necessarily forgiving him. They can hold everlasting grudges against him and that's natural.

Kazuya has it really hard from now on and needs to find the courage to sacrifice some things (expectations of a more ordinary and too clingy yet "dream-like in the exterior" and at the same time, socially dangerous relationship with the Ruka, his relationships with Nagomi and his friends) for the most important one (his prospects of a relationship with the girl he wants). That's something i recently realized.

@WhisCalifa69

I agree with you with most of your speech.
I do not agree that he is already able to accept any hatred due to his choices but he has nevertheless realized that the status quo does not make anyone really happy.

also her problem with Ruka is not so much having a relationship with her and the possible problems of her character but the fact that even if he wanted her heart he chose Chizuru.

on Ruka then it is a separate matter.
given that I love the character.
in my opinion Ruka is simply the classic person who has felt different from others and with a handicap; this led her, when she discovered Kazuya, to consider him a sort of savior and for this reason she threw herself with all her strength on him.
she was even willing to threaten him in order not to lose his hope of salvation.
(I think) that if the relationship between her and Kazuya normalized also various obsessive and "psychoparic" attitudes would disappear; in the end the big problem for her is that she is constantly competing with Chizuru to win Kazuya's heart and as she also said in some chapters "she doesn't want to lose".

for the rest yes, it is hoped that Kazuya has finally become aware of both her love for Chizuru and that she must take courage to declare herself and stop lying to her family and friends.
but in my opinion this will not happen anytime soon; in my opinion as usual to unlock the thing will have to intervene Yaemori.

However, nothing prevents the author from surprising us one day and letting Ruka take conscience and she decides to abandon Kazuya to finally and definitively push him towards Chizuru.

i use google transalte, if i made mistakes it's her fault. 😅

Prediction. Chizaru is going to try to get closer to kazuya. But kazuya is conflicted. Due to his situation with ruka. But he really wants chizaru.

At this point. It is clear chizaru likes kazuya.

Kazuya has the most post-nut clarity decision making skills i have seen in him until now. it's okay to make bad decisions my boy, you're already a college student, you should have more confidence on what your doing.

Users who are viewing this thread