Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 20 Ch. 174 - The Girlfriend and the Confession (Part 3)

@Heviax
Yeah, it's aggravating with the interruptions, but then again this is mostly for the money. The author is dragging this story out way longer than it has to be so he can make more volumes to make more money. I disagree with the idea, but I applaud him for the way he is doing it, it's amazing how aggravating yet hooked I am on this.

Yes you need to do something. You need to drop this guy, and make happy milionios of readers that can't stand anymore a pussy MC like him.

Fed-Kun's army
This author is a master at triggering some people xD! And where dafuq is Mami?!

Supporter
@NateSA_TL (collapsed for space)
OK, I'm back, just had a thought, in the end the two get together right? what if in the epilogue there's something like a 5 year time skip, showing what happened to all these shit nothing characters, Ruka is a crack whore living out of a capsule hotel, etc. Then it pans to Kazuya who is now living in a monastery, turns out after they started dating at the end of the manga, they broke up like a month later. I don't know, something about how Kazuya sucks in bed, you know, a trash reason that befits a trash manga. What ever happened to Mizuhara? meh who cares.... the end.

—The forevermore celibate Kazuya

(also collapsed for space)
Sounds much gentler than my idea for how Kiss x Sis should end... time skip ten years to the girls all talking in a nice restaurant. A couple of them have kids with them, and they're cheerfully reminiscing about how much their experiences with MC set them on the right paths for their lives. Each talks a bit about the happiness / success they found.
All of the following is in the background, not especially noticeable: As they talk, a homeless man in a ragged, dirty old coat wanders by the restaurant window a couple of times. Then he stops and looks in the window. (None of the girls ever notice him.) He whips it out and starts playing with himself, and is soon confronted by the restaurant manager. Eventually the police come and drag him off, and he reaches toward the window like someone in quicksand reaches for a rope. Then he's gone, and all that's left is a stain on the window.
In the foreground, the girls' conversation makes it increasingly obvious that they're grateful to him for leaving on a pilgrimage so they could straighten out their lives, and consider it a noble gesture. They muse that wherever he is, he must be doing just as well as they are.
Next-to-last page: MC's father walks by as they're leaving, and reassures them that MC is too busy to call much but is faring well.
Last page, flashback: MC's father is tying him up and gagging him, muttering that having two daughters he can be proud of is better than having three kids whose lives were all ruined by one mindless horndog. The coat MC is wearing is a non-raggedy version of the one the homeless man was wearing. He tosses MC into a cargo crate, then gets to the dock just in time for them to load it on a ship bound for North Korea.

Lmaao I called it less gooo!!! Knew it was going te be a bait like last time, you guys need to lower your standards to rent a girlfriend and assume all the build up for the moment is just for the bait. I'm the type of person that don't mind slow pace manga series but dang this chizuru/kazuya thing has been dragged for far too long and that it has reached a point that its not even enjoyable anymore tbh after the movie arch it kinda went downhill for me.

Dex-chan lover
It didn't go smoothly as expected but he said it and she heard it loud and clear.

Yb3vOev.png

@RearMisser
OK this is repetitive as fuck but somehow it isn't boring. I have a feeling that the plot isn't ready for a confession yet that if it would've happened then it would be boring afterwards. There would also be incompatibilities in the plot (eg: he's still together with Ruka). Who knows, maybe the author made the right choice. There's also no way for it to end immediately after the confession as there would be a fuckton of plotholes. But hey, on the bright side now we know Kazuya has balls.

Okay, I never write in these threads, because it is literally this argument back and forth between the "slow burn apologetics" and the "bad author dragging whiners", but here is my 2 cents:

Slow burn is one thing, where there IS A BURN. At this point we have been teased by said candle being lighted numerous times, only for it to be yanked away every single time. Oh the chapter ends with him saying you are the one that I want? Guess what, next starts with him backpaddling on it saying he meant it a different way. Oh someone flat out sits Chizu down and tells her how the guy really feels? She just waves it away. Oh she then plans the perfect getaway for the 2 of them? Nah, they take a bath and go to bed. Okay he did her a whole movie, uncharacteristically put together and collected for him, turned up with a projector on grandmas deathbed, broke the ice on her grief and consoled her, admitting, even in an indirect way, that he loves her? Welp, breaks over, back to school next chapter.
This is the thing that aggravates me and as I can see from the comments, many others.

The "plot not being ready for a confession" and it leaving plot holes is a strange argument for me. Not all mangas end on the confession or the first kiss. A very interesting thing could happen when they finally admit their feelings because yes, they would both have some shit to sort out, but they could sort it out together. Kazuya finally gaining some confidence and backbone from his love being returned could be a valid development. Mami probably stirred something up with his friend and the grandmother, maybe she even told them how their relationship was fake. Well guess what, not it isn't and they could face the music together. This is, I think, what many of us hope for as a kind of "best case scenario". But hey, I can understand the people who say they don't fit together. That is certainly one way to go.

No, Kazuya doesn't have balls. He had a chance at the caffee and blew it. Then he realized and had to scramble together lunch so he could have another chance. By the grace of god (and Chizuharas sudden and completely unrelated appetite) he got that shot again, with her asking him, FACE TO FACE if he feels something. And he froze. He let her answer herself, he let them walk back together, he let her walk up the stairs and then he started mumbling something. That is not courage.

I honestly don't know which side I belong to any more. I never blamed Chizuru for not actively trying to pry a confession out of someone, but by now, especially with the last few pages revealing she heard this confession too (again) I do feel like she will be partly responsible for anything that may (or more likely may not) happen. And I think Kazuya needs to clear with himself why he repeatedly can't pull the gun on the confession. You want to protect and support her platonically? That's okay, Ruka is still under age, but Sumi did nothing but support you all the way, you two had some fun, maybe there is something there (this is exactly what she is doing for you btw).

@S0viet_Noob
thank you for being intelligent. It's not that hard to see that and yet people continue to say "dropped its bad terrible pacing haha trash bad author dragging"

Dude come on...

tldr: It's not a slow burn, slow burn means slow but steady progress (literally look at a candle). There is no progress here, just a dance back and forth and then a half panel of Chizu hearing what Kazuya said just to keep us hooked. Can some people lose interest? Absolutely. Should they trash talk the author? Probably not. But there is only so many times you can get a persons hopes up about something happening, then quickly changing the topic before he/she will go: "you know what, I don't even care anymore". No we don't want it to end, we want the story to go on, just not like this.

I wish I could drop this, even for just a year and come back later, when it's still not resolved. But I hate leaving things unfinished and unknown more than apparently I hate talking to my neighbors every Wednesday morning, why I keep screaming the previous night...

Anyone willing to defend how after all that, and 2 chapters that were literally the same, just one in a caffee and another in the diner (half of them Kazuya freaking out, then them having some small talk, and then a bombshell on the last page), AND this chapter this is a "slow burn" and not dragging feel free to reply to me. I honestly want to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread